Personalization to Customization - Continued

Good morning,
I just tried the solution in this post: Convert Personalization to Customization - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

I have a customization that has a tracker view at the top and a grid view at the bottom. I have been using the customized version of the dashboard for a year or so. But I want to make the tracker view a little bigger to fit in some more controls.

First, I tried changing the size of the tracker view in the Dashboard, then redeploying it. This didn’t change the size of the tracker view.

Next, I tried changing the size of the tracker view int he customization and saving it. This also didn’t change the size of the tracker view.

Finally, I tried the option from the post. I opened my customized dashboard, then resized the tracker view and saved layouts. This did save the new tracker view size in my personalization. I thought I was on the right track. Next, I opened the personalization with the customization editor, and saved it as a new customization.

Now when I open the new customization, it does not have any controls from my original customization or any of the custom code. It did however save the larger tracker view size. :stuck_out_tongue:

How can I take my existing customization, with all my controls and custom code, and just make the tracker view a little bigger for all users? I can do it for just myself, but if no one else uses my personalization, then they won’t see some of the controls without knowing how to resize the view.

What am I missing here?
Thanks for your time!
Nate

Probably nothing, sometimes it’s a mess.

Try setting the size manually in the properties (in your normal customization), and save.

Remember to delete any personalizations you have on it.

If that doesn’t work, you can try editing the xml, by exporting it and importing it.
Never had much work with the built in xml editor.

Finally, sometimes it just will not cooperate. So I get the native control reference
and set the size in Form Load or Form Shown.

Before you did your redeploy, did you save layouts, save the db, and then redeploy?

How do you save the db?

I meant dashboard.

1 Like

That makes a lot more sense. I will try messing around some more and let you know if anything sticks.

I think it was deleting all the personalizations that made it work. Once I did that and resized the customization, it saved the layout change without having to create a personalization.

Thanks!
Nate

2 Likes