PO Rel dbf table - missing fields (open release & void release)

Your third option, of course, is to call custom programming at Epicor. They quoted me $700 for Vantage 3.0, and another $250 to make the same changes to 4.0 if necessary. This was to add one new field to the PORel table in the Purchase Order Report. Maybe someone on the list can do such things, I don't know. It's all coded in progress.

Troy Funte
Liberty Electronics

----- Original Message -----
To: vantage@egroups.com
Sent: Wednesday, December 20, 2000 5:12 AM
Subject: [Vantage] PO Rel dbf table - missing fields (open release & void release)

I have to amend my Purchase Order report to filter out closed lines (we use
the same PO number for a "Call-Off" order).

Anyway, I need to know which are the Closed Purchase Order Release Lines,
but this data doesn't seem to be available in my .dbf table. Anyone know
why? Anyone have a PORel.dbf containing this information?

Help?!

Thanks!

Anton Wilson,
Systems Analyst,
Deanestor Healthcare

eGroups Sponsor

We no longer allow attachments to files. To access/share Report Files, please go to the following link: http://www.egroups.com/files/vantage/
(Note: If this link does not work for you the first time you try it, go to www.egroups.com, login and be sure to save your password, choose My Groups, choose Vantage, then choose Files. If you save the password, the link above will work the next time you try it.)

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]

Help?!

Thanks!

Anton Wilson,
Systems Analyst,
Deanestor Healthcare
Hi Anton,
Here is a note from the eGroups list from a week ago about dbf files:

A few days ago, there was a discussion about .dbf files, and getting
extra information into them. At www.fast4gl.com go to downloads, and
free applications, there is a down-loadable utility, that will create
and export any progress table to a .dbf file. I have not tried it
myself, so I can't offer any help in setting up or using it. However, it
may offer an alternative to those of you who need to create custom
Crystal reports, but don't want the problems of ODBC connections.

--
/* ============================================================== */

William E. Colls Tel 613 591 0079
PROComputer Systems Fax 613 591 3924
67 Willow Glen Dr www.procomsys.com
Kanata Ontario Canada

Subject: [Vantage] PO Rel dbf table - missing fields (open release & void release)

Help?!

Thanks!

Anton Wilson,
Systems Analyst,
Deanestor Healthcare

eGroups Sponsor

We no longer allow attachments to files. To access/share Report Files, please go to the following link: http://www.egroups.com/files/vantage/
(Note: If this link does not work for you the first time you try it, go to www.egroups.com, login and be sure to save your password, choose My Groups, choose Vantage, then choose Files. If you save the password, the link above will work the next time you try it.)

Hi again, Anton,
The other method that has worked for some was discussed under the thread "Before I call custom programming" of about two weeks ago.

Here is one of the comments explaining how to add a field in a Vantage Crystal report (such as POfrm.rpt) for Purchase Orders using a tricky link to the progress database. I'm not familiar with which field you are looking for, but maybe you can apply some of this information:

----------------Begin forwarded message ----------------
Todd,

Yes, you can link to other tables in a 'canned' crystal report with .dbf files, but only through a subreport. I don't know of any instructions to do this, but I can try to explain it. Yes, every user who prints the report has to have the Merant ODBC installed, which can add some complication to the process. We checked with Custom Programming to add one field to a .dbf file in a table that was already included in the Purchase Order Entry report. They quoted $700 for Vantage 3.0 and another $250 if we upgraded to 4.0. The field we needed was in PORel table. The PORel table was already in the report, but they had left off the "RecQty" field, which we needed in order to send amended Purchase Orders to our Vendors.

Here's how I linked via ODBC.

The problem with linking comes with the fact that ALL fields are converted to Strings in the .dbf table. Whereas, the key field I was working with in PORel was a numeric field. With Crystal, you can link to a formula through a subreport. So, you create a formula in the main report which converts the Key String Field to a Number. In Crystal 8 this is the ToNumber(x) function, where x is the string.
So your formula would simply be named, for instance "ORDER#,"
and the formula would be "ToNumber(PORel.OrderNum)"

This formula, ORDER#, is what is linked to PORel.OrderNum in your subreport. Then you can share variables across reports, or simply have the field your looking for in your subreport and place the subreport in the appropriate spot in your main report. If you use the subreport field in a formula in the main report, you will need to use a shared variable. This gets a little more complicated because of the timing of processing subreports, but is possible.

Hope this helps, and contact me if you have more questions.

Troy Funte

Liberty Electronics

Help?!

Thanks!

Anton Wilson,
Systems Analyst,
Deanestor Healthcare

eGroups Sponsor