PO Suggestions - Sometimes its the simple things that are coming in 2023.2 :safe_harbor:

:safe_harbor: Safe Harbor Statement here! :safe_harbor:

So, sometimes its the simple things that we get done that will make an impact. A last minute add that we think will probably make it into the 2023.2 release is a simple panel in PO Suggestions after you generate new POs… if this gets you excited, you are:

1. a buyer
  2. a consultant who has taught the PO Suggestions screen to a buyer.
  3. a nerdy developer type (that is me)
  4. you have ever tried to use this screen, and generated a PO, and wondered “what PO was generated”.

This nice screen resolves the last question. If you are in the cloud, you will get this new feature in October. If you are on-prem, you will need to upgrade to 2023.2 to see this.
(OH… and look at THAT: the New PO Suggestions and Change PO Suggestions are both in the one application!)

:safe_harbor: :safe_harbor: :safe_harbor: :safe_harbor: :safe_harbor: :safe_harbor: :safe_harbor: :safe_harbor: :safe_harbor: :safe_harbor: :safe_harbor: :safe_harbor: :safe_harbor: :safe_harbor: :safe_harbor: :safe_harbor: :safe_harbor: :safe_harbor: :safe_harbor: :safe_harbor: :safe_harbor: :safe_harbor: :safe_harbor: :safe_harbor: :safe_harbor:

14 Likes

Now do Generate PCIDs :slight_smile:

1 Like

I wish that could be included in the “simple things”…

2 Likes

Oh my goodness! Buyers will be a lot happier with this. It’s something that has been a pain for too long!

2 Likes

Hi @timshuwy,

Exploring the new 2023.2 this morning in my PILOT environment. The “What’s New in 2023.2” mentions this new “PO Suggestions” app… but there is no menu for it in the new release.

Do I need to create a new menu? Do you happen to know the name of the .dll?

Nothing jumps out different from 2023.1 at initial glance.

1 Like

I’m assuming this means you’re looking for it in the classic version. It’s only going to be in the web version. (remember, new things are only done in the new UI going forward)

1 Like

Its not on either version (web or desktop client). But you’re correct. I shouldn’t be looking for .dll.

This is Epicor, you should be looking for .lld

Limited Liability Disclaimer :safe_harbor:

Very soon we will be coming out with a presentation that shows all the things you do NOT get until you move to the Browser Based UI. The list is growing fast, and it became apparent that customers like you are not aware of the fact that we only put new features into the new UI. The old UI is still there, and we do maintain if for hard bugs, but it is not being improved. New features that we built into Inspection Processing, Buyer Workbench, PO Suggestions, new fields such as IncoTerms, the Explorer Views in Quote to Cash and Procure to Pay are only available in the new UI.

Okay, apologies if I’m not phrasing my questions correctly… My company is Cloud SaaS. We use the Browser UI. I can see the new Explorer Views… new IncoTerm fields, etc.

I cannot find the new “PO Suggestions” menu.

Apologies I ever mentioned “.dll”… old habits… I will forever hold my head in shame. But my question still remains unanswered.

Should there be a menu that just states “PO Suggestions”?

Erp.UI.POSuggEntry.dll

Ours is in Material Management > Purchase Management > General Operations > PO Suggestions

Thank you.

I will accept my punishment as the site punching bag. I assumed this was going to be a “new” menu… I did not look under the “old” “New PO Suggestions” menu.

Apologies.

Don’t feel bad, I can’t find anything unless my wife shows me where it is.

Sport Boxing GIF by Joko GIFs

In my defense…

I’ll just hide back in my corner and try to act normal.

Act normal

We have it in ours:

2 Likes