Print Tags in MES End Activity Screen

I have a question about how to customize the Print Tags option in Epicor MES. We want to use a custom format, but I would like to know where I can find the default file it uses and where i can make changes to it. If I have to custom code it I will, I just need to know where and how. This pic is our Pilot version so the button doesn’t look active, but the live MES it is active.

Thanks for any help!

If you are asking about the report style, it is called ‘Material Tags’

Just be aware that Material Tags are used in every corner of Epicor and that changes will show up in other places.

There is a long thread here about customizing them.

2 Likes

According to our implementation team, we are not using that Material Tag. I will look at that post. Thank you.

I have finally got back around to this. I made a copy of the SSRS Report and made changes to my Copy of the original. I then tried to upload mine, but there was an issue which I had to send to Epicare. They fixed the upload/download lock we had for some reason after the latest update. Now though I get an error saying the field doesn’t exist. I am on the path where I want to add CustID and OutBin fields to this SSRS that i have. I would like to know how do I add those 2 fields to the MtlTags Dataset? Is this possible or should i just build my own Custom Dataset? Never done that so that would be a first for me.

I can’t send you a direct message on here for some reason, but wanted to know if you were on linked in and if so, do you work at Van Doren Sales and are they implementing Epicor?

They have an office like 15 minutes from my location. Didn’t know if you were local to Michigan or not cause we have a few users that meet up pretty regularly now and wanted to invite you.

There are a ton of posts on here about modifying an SSRS report…

This might get you close and if you need more help theres a few people on here that usually hop on these specific posts quickly. I could help you as well via teams or something. It’s so much easier to visually show you the steps, but they are mostly documented in the link below:

Add a field to SSRS RDL report dataset - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

They have already implemented Epicor. I came in a couple months ago and I am trying to learn without going to Epicor support. I am not based out of Michigan.

I am trying to figure out how to add CustID to the MtlTags data source since I don’t see that in there. If I had that then I can get what I want.

If you want to do a teams we can do it.

Yes we can do that. Odd I can’t send a direct message. I will look through the settings.

Looks like I need to have a trust level of 3 before direct messaging is available.

1 Like

I’ve finally got back around to this project. I figured out I can use the ItemQty expression from the Standard SSRS form. I am still trying to figure out how to add the Customer ID to the MtlTags based off of the Job Number. Is there an easy way to do this?

It would have to be a make to order job, but yeah.

JobHead to > JobProd > OrderRel > OrderDtl > OrderHed.

The join to Jobhead > JobProd is one to many, so you would need to deal with that if you have jobs that are fulfilling many different orders for many different customers.

Ahh okay. Is there a good demo I can follow on YouTube?

I feel like there’s posts here on how to add fields to SSRS

I’ve watched a couple Videos on adding Report Relationship. I have found a couple walkthrough’s on creating a custom DD and have done so. I made sure the custom DD is set in the Report Style for the new Material report, but it doesn’t pull over the tables in the SSRS report. Not sure what I am missing. Sorry I’m frustrated with this Kinetic version and trying to learn on my own.

You have to add the table and realtionship in the RDD within kinetic.

Then you need to make sure that RDD is tied to the report style you’re choosing by using report style maintenance.

then you need to make sure that the SQL statement in your SSRS .rdl reflects the changes that you made to the RDD in Kinetic. For example, if you added another table to the RDD (not an extended table) and then you made a relationship, you need to do that same thing in the SQL statement as well as adding the fields you want to your select statement, just as you did in the RDD by selecting to “included” them. In other words, if you added a table and a relationship to the RDD, then you would need to join a table in the SQL statement in the same way. However, if you used extended fields on an existing table in the RDD, then you just need to find the existing table in the SQL statement in the .rdl and find the existing table’s alias (i.e. T1) and then add the field you added to the extended fields in the RDD (i.e. T1.Customer_Name).

After that, you need to remain in the .rdl and add the fields that you just added to your SQL statement to the “Fields” section of your dataset. You’ll add Customer_Name as the field name and the field source (see photo below of this step)