Quantity Adjust - GL mapping

Epicor version 9.05.701

A bit confused on why when we do a quantity adjust transaction…the GL doesn’t hit 6040-21 as per below screenshot.
Everything else is ok, its only this type of transaction that goes to 6040-20
Where do i apply the GL control code on the front end process?
(part class / prod code are all ok).

Thanks in advance.

The GL code on the Reason Code for the inventory quantity adjust selection can override this.

Ross

you need to check the INJ ADJ code to see if it has a GLC asssocaited to it as well
that is where the system checks first

thank you.
where will i find the INJ ADJ code in epicor?

thank you.

our reason code GL codes are blank

All of our reason codes are blank GL controls.
our other companies are the same and they work fine.

It just appears to be the quantity adjusment transaction…(balance sheet is correct, its just the P&L side that is wrong.)…

To cut a long story short, we’ve merged 2 companies into 1…so there are 2 different GL Control Codes…for inv adj it seems to always look at the first company.

Is there an “Epicor ERP Inventory Transaction Hierarchy 10.1” guide for E9?

Here’s the bit from the E10 guide

Edit: Highlighted sections of screen shoot.

Possible the warehouse control code?

No GLs set up behind warehouse either.

Below are a lot of screenshots of the GL Control Code mapping…it seems to point to “default” automatically

A code of type “Inventory COS and WIP” can only be be specified in so many places.

The Company Config screen will not allow more than 1 GL control of type “Inv COS & WIP”

Is that -20- and -21- segment the Division?

Site Maintenance allows for a Control Type of “Division”, Assuming you are using Multi-site.

Hi, the 20 and 21 are the GL Department, (i believe this is seg value 2,…the division is seg value 3)

That upper screen shot shows that two Control codes of type “Inv COS & WIP” exist.

But where are they applied?

i’m not sure where they are applied…thats what i’m trying to find out.

the gl control code for part class / prod code is easy…because there is a front end process where you create part class / prod code and then assign the GL control code to it.

it maybe that we have customised posting rules and this is causing the problem?

The Company Config is where you select EXACTLY 1 GL control to be the “default” (meaning when no overriding GL Controls exists , use the value in this “default” Control.

I should have named the Control something different, like “Inv_COS_WIP_Default”

For Control types where we have multiple codes, I give them a prefix. For example, al ProdGrp GL control Codes begin with “PG-”. The rest of the code id is the ProdGrp’d ID

A GLC (of type ProdGrp) was created and named “PG-A0003”, specifically for use as a GLC for ProdGrp “A-003” (“Accessories”)

Whoops… forgot to paste the pict

You do the same, but at the “Company” level.

1. Create a GL Code of type “Inv COS & WIP”, using GL Control Code
  2. Set the desired Accts for the various contexts (in “GL Control Maint” )
  3. Add a GL Control of type “Inv COS & WIP” in Company Config
  4. Select the CODE created in step1 as the code for step 3.

You can only have one GLC of type “Inv COS & WIP” at the company level.

I guess a better question would be, "When do you want the GL Acct spec’d in code “Default” to be used, and when to use the GL Acct in “QDefault” ? And by “when” I mean what context?

Edit: Corrected “Company Maint” to “Company Config”

I think you’ve hit the nail on the head with:
“You can only have one GLC of type “Inv COS & WIP” at the company level.”

Essentially…if the part number begins with Q AND the transaction type is a quantity adjustment the profit and loss side of the transaction needs to be 6040-21.

I think your simplest solution is to create Reason codes “…, for Q-Part”. And set the “Adjustment” Account (its the only one in type Reason Code

Edit: That will require the user to select the proper Reason code when ADJ’s are done. Or make a BPM that changes/selects the reason code based on PartNum.

1 Like