Quantity of AR documents you have

Hi

This is more like a poll than a request for help. How many documents do you have per customer in Epicor/Kinetic?

We’ve seen that the Invoices grids on Customer Tracker become unusable after some transactions. Meaning the pull of info takes up to 5 minutes, which render the screen unusable.

We saw this performance issue getting worse on Kinetic and we have a support case, but it seems it might be discarded as regular use/capability.

One example is a customer with 9K invoices, only 3 years of transactions and that section of customer tracker is now completely ignored due to this performance issue. We had to create customizations on this tracker to pull the data directly from a BAQ.

So, if you can share your experience, I might have peace of mind regarding this :slight_smile:

By the way, I did run a trace to check this and of course, the amount of data transfered is important. The culprit is the CreditManager BO, which calls GetInvoicesEx and passes a dataset AllocDepositTrk, quite big and then get the response much bigger of course. Not sure where the hold up is. Maybe is getting the AllocDespositTrk dataset filled, but I think is more related to the actual process in the BO. Maybe it is making row by row checking? Fiddler reports 116MB on that network transaction, Still it wouldn’t impact as 5 minutes in case of transfer, would it?

Did you see this thread?

Yes, I tried that, but no. It seems this is regarding the processing of the data. Support already discarded the ticket as performance is expected to be diminished over time/transactions.

So far, our only solution is to actually ditch those screens and use Customization/BAQs to get the invoices. I guess we could create a new customer, but that solution would be worse than the problem.

Could you share your experience with having >1K invoices for a customer? If you have them, of course. 5 minutes for 9K invoices seems quite excesive, even more since pulling them directly with a BAQ takes seconds. It certainly must be something Epicor is adding to that process, and most likely would end on a development ticket, but it seems we are the exception in this case, not the rule.