Ran out of UDFields

Or you can do what Epicor does sometimes, use one character field for multiple data, using ~ to separate the data.

Sent: Thu, July 1, 2010 3:12:22 PM
Subject: [Vantage] Re: Ran out of UDFields

Â

Yes I do. I guess I could just mirror the key on another table & do the writes using the adapter. I figured if I don't have to use another table I could save for something else. I doubt I will ever use all the tables though.

Never paid enough attention until now to notice that
Parent/Child have only 10 Shortchar while the non Parent/Child have 20 shortchar.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, robertb_versa@... wrote:
>
> If your Progress - don't even think about it! (Even if your SQL I'd not consider it though it is likely more easily doable.)
>
> Do you have a UD TABLE free that you can pull into the App via customization?
>
> --- Original Message ---
> From:"mmcwilliams22" <mmcwilliams22@...>
> Sent:Thu 7/1/10 1:42 pm
> To:vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subj:[Vantage] Ran out of UDFields
>
> So I am working on a an entry form and have run out of character & shortChar fields. Anyone have details on adding more fields to the tables???
>

[Non-text portions of this message have been removed]
So I am working on a an entry form and have run out of character & shortChar fields. Anyone have details on adding more fields to the tables???
Other than the Parent \ Child UD tables........

Even if you did alter the table structure, The BO AD and IF assemblies and the progress code on the server would not know about the fields and they would be inaccesible to Vantage.

$DK would probably be the only way

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "mmcwilliams22" <mmcwilliams22@...> wrote:
>
> So I am working on a an entry form and have run out of character & shortChar fields. Anyone have details on adding more fields to the tables???
>
If your Progress - don't even think about it! (Even if your SQL I'd not consider it though it is likely more easily doable.)

Do you have a UD TABLE free that you can pull into the App via customization?

--- Original Message ---
Sent:Thu 7/1/10 1:42 pm
To:vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subj:[Vantage] Ran out of UDFields

So I am working on a an entry form and have run out of character & shortChar fields. Anyone have details on adding more fields to the tables???
Yes I do. I guess I could just mirror the key on another table & do the writes using the adapter. I figured if I don't have to use another table I could save for something else. I doubt I will ever use all the tables though.

Never paid enough attention until now to notice that
Parent/Child have only 10 Shortchar while the non Parent/Child have 20 shortchar.

--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, robertb_versa@... wrote:
>
> If your Progress - don't even think about it! (Even if your SQL I'd not consider it though it is likely more easily doable.)
>
> Do you have a UD TABLE free that you can pull into the App via customization?
>
> --- Original Message ---
> From:"mmcwilliams22" <mmcwilliams22@...>
> Sent:Thu 7/1/10 1:42 pm
> To:vantage@yahoogroups.com
> Subj:[Vantage] Ran out of UDFields
>
>