Random nonsense about grammar and other šŸ’©

Itā€™s a holdover from a mispronunciation of French words by English speakers.
Modern day " lieu " in French, used to be " leuf ".

1 Like

I will walk through a dark hallway just to get to the other light switch so I can set it ā€œrightā€

Iā€™m convinced this is why we have lights on our phones.

Yup, I know the history, in fact I was going to copy/paste a link to the history of it.

1 Like

At the risk of offending you, we are soulmates in this regard. You are me and I am you.

There is no greater offense of language in my lifetime than the dictionary people deciding that figuratively now = literally, simply because of ignorant usage. Oh, ok, so because so many of our morons canā€™t get it right, letā€™s redefine right? Literally means LITERALLY. Figurately cannot equal literally.

This is a hill I am willing to die on.

And for the punctuation nerds, look up the correspondence that the National Apostrophe Preservation Society (NAPS) send to Albertsonā€™s [grocery store chain] when they changed their name to Albertsons.

Iā€™m with you.

Just between you and Iā€¦

Angry Season 3 GIF by Party Down

Oh no, daddy split our topic off into the quarantine area for bad children!

THAT was randomā€¦

Do we correct the title? Itā€™s about grammar and other :poop:

Get it right @josecgomez!

:rofl:

1 Like

Fixed !

1 Like

@c.buchanan How about how engineers canā€™t spell gauge and so the dictionaries gave in and started allowing gage as an acceptable spelling?

It was a selfish action cause I was tired of getting notified about it when I donā€™t care. It was an action to Savings ā† me some time :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

And now that I replied hereā€¦ Iā€™m back in the loop :cry:

Frustrated Ryan Gosling GIF

1 Like

Makes one want to gauge your eyes out, donā€™t it?

:face_with_hand_over_mouth:

Jose canā€™t use his own forumā€¦ :rofl:

@timshuwy @Doug.C You must not have a cat :stuck_out_tongue:

1 Like

Doesnā€™t stop them from still entering ā€œgUAge.ā€ Which I like to pronounce as ā€œgwazh.ā€

My therapist helped me with light switches. Now I have just one duplex in my house that HAS to be correct. The others I have let go.

I prefer passive aggressive thread splitting thank you very much :grin:

Same ā€¦ top an bottom of stairs unfortunately.