RDD Report Criteria is greyed-out

For what it is worth. The SSRS RDL report I am trying to create IS based on a BAQ Query as the DataSource.

Correct. But it is not a BAQ Report, correct? It’s confusing but they are two different things.

1 Like

I’ve seen some call it an “Advanced BAQ Report”. I prefer to say “RDD Based BAQ Report”.

And for what it’s worth, there seems to be some steps missing (or very unclear) in making an RDD based BAQ report from scratch. Particularly how that initial RDL gets created. And if you had a previous old-fashioned BAQ Report, using the same ID for the new RDD based BAQ Report can get confusing. I recall the Dropdown for the Data Definition having multiple entries with the same ID. One for the old-fashioned BAQ, and one for the RDD based BAQ Report I created.

edit

I had that backwards. I had a BAQ Report and a separate RDD(using a BAQ) that would show up under the Data Definition in the Report Style just once. No idea which one it was pointing to.

Right. I would like to do this type of Report instead of the BAQ Report Designer.

I have no idea how the initial RDL gets created though. The Create SSRS Report from within the Report Style screen does not work. It throws some odd permissions error even though I have complete access.

I am having so much trouble with this, that I have no other choice but to go back to the BAQ Report Designer. At least the Report renders albeit I really dislike the Filters instead of using Parameters.

You’re not alone in struggling with an RDD based BAQ Report. Maybe some hints here:

Thanks for forum topic link. I found 2 interesting tidbits in that post.

1.) 6.Now I have to specify a path to the RDL (which doesn’t currently exist in any form)
So now I have to make this RDL from Scratch: Adding the Datasource, Setting the dataset query expressions, Adding fields, etc…
For this one I copied the BAQ Report template .rdl file and saved it in CustomReports with a descriptive name, add the path to the Report style, then did the unthinkable :wink: and clicked ‘Sync Dataset’ to copy everything to the .rdl

2.) This one was interesting. I am doing the same thing, prefixing all my objects with the CompanyName and hyphen. I am going to change those.

Turns out that my problem was that there was a dash in my BAQ name (i.e CompanyName-BAQ) and either Epicor didn’t like that there was a dash, or the query name was getting too long. Regardless, I spun off a copy of the BAQ with the company name dropped and it appears to be work