Read-Only option in Menu Maintenance?

Hi - for Epicor 10 and Menu/User Maintenance, is there a way to grant read-only access to users for certain pages or fields?

It seems like the only options are to allow access or disallow access.

There’s a “Read Only” checkbox for menu items in menu maintenance (on the detail tab). So you could have multiple menu items to achieve what you’re after.

1 Like

Field Security

1 Like

if you want an entire screen read only for certain users your best course of action would likely be two menu items one that has the tracker (read only) checkbox checked on the menu item detail, and another that is a normal entry version.

1 Like

Field security would be ideal but man depending on the screen if you’re trying to do all the fields that’s a long haul to set that up.

1 Like

Yeah, so if I had one menu option now for PO Entry, would I have to now create 2? One for users with “allow” access and one for users with Read-only access?

I essentially would have to double-everything, if I wanted a read-only role for every menu. does that sound about right?

Thanks
Pete

Hehe… that is what we did. Field security was not working so it was decided to produce one tracker with costs and another tracker witout costs…
so
everytime this is a change in one, I have to do the same change in the other… so yeah it is doubling the work. I originally mentionned to my boss that it would be beneficial to review this as maybe on form load, detect if the user is part of the ‘nocost’ group or not and show/no show as needed…(in your case would be read-only) That way, only one form is maintained not two!!!

And since we upgraded… did not even look back at the field security…but intend to test eventually.

Pierre

Correct. However for the example of PO entry you already have the PO Entry and PO Tracker. But for any custom forms or ones that don’t have trackers this would likely be the way you want to go.

Maybe some-day

But doesnt work for updateable dashboards. Now that would be cool

1 Like

read only doesn’t work on deployed dashboards?

On the menu maintenance when you choose dashboard assembly, on our setup, the readonly option is greyed out.

If you deploy the updatable dashboard as a Dashboard-Runtime instead of Dashboard-Assembly it seems to work!

Thanks Megan - I will try that,