Receipt Docs Required Checkbox

All,

If anyone is here that uses this function in Epicor/Kinetic how does it work?

1. Are you required to upload documents to progress further?

2. Is it a hard stop if unable to supply documents for Inventory lot tracked items?

3. What issues do you run into?

1. Yes. It requires you to set up the document types and flag the type(s) that are required for receipt. You cannot complete a receipt unless you have attached a document.

2. Unless I am missing something, this is covered under 1.

3. Two issues that I have. First, you can attach anything (a blank Notepad document) and that is considered as a document. Second, Mass Receipt bypasses this functionality. You can receive in goods without documentation if you use Mass Receipt.

1 Like

It is our first time using this checkbox and I can’t figure out what Receipt Entry needs me to do to satisfy the Receipt Doc check. I created a Document Type in Epicor called Receipt Documents. I tried enabling it on both the RcvHead and RcvDtl tables.

Then I attached the document to the receipt but still get the message “Receipt Documents required for lines 1,.”. Are there some extra steps that I need to take?

Where did you put the attachment? On the header and the line or just one of them?

First I tried the header, then I tried the line. I get the same result on both.

Interestingly it let me delete the test attachment from the header, but when I try to delete it from the line it says “At least 1 receipt document is required. Cannot Delete attachment.”

The other thing that seems a bit odd is that it DOES let us fully receive it and mark it complete. The issue is that we can’t exit receipt entry at all, when we try we see this message popping up "“Receipt Documents required for lines 1,.” and the only way to get out of Receipt Entry is to close the main Epicor window.

Am I missing something or is this maybe some kind of bug that I need to report? We are on 10.2.700.40.

If you mark both the header and detail as needing receipt docs, then you need to add at least one document at each level. Are you sure you added the documents under the correct document type?

Neither the header nor the detail are “marked as needing receipt docs”. This pop-up message about needing a doc is being triggered because “Receipt Docs Required” is checked on the Part in Part Entry. We don’t want to require docs for ALL receipts, just for specific parts that need a doc.

Do you see anything misconfigured here?

This needs to be checked off.

The way I have set it up in the past is to have a specific Document Type that is needed (mine was called “Certs”). I also had other Document Types on the receipt like “Packing Slip”. This way, you can write your procedure to say that if the system barks at you for a document, you need to add the certs to make it go away.

What is happening to you right now is that it says the part requires a document, but you have not told the system what Document Type is required. You will never meet the requirement until you check that box.

But if I check that box, won’t it then be required for ALL receipts? We definitely don’t want it required for all receipts.

No, the flag on the Part and that flag work in conjunction.

1 Like

Yep, that was it! Thank you, I never would have guess that is how it works based on the “Required for” phrasing.