Refresh Kinetic Dashboard after Custom Action

I have a kinetic dashboard with a grid displaying the rows from my UBAQ. I can use the checkboxes in the grid to select a few rows from my UBAQ, and then choose to run a custom action created in the UBAQ.

The custom action runs ok, but I need to update/refresh the grid view after the action is complete.

How can I tell kinetic to refresh my grid view after executing a custom action? I think it has to do with the events in application studio, but it is not exactly clear.
Thanks for your time!
Nate

Hi Nate
Did you get anywhere with this? Iā€™m keen on understanding the new Kinetic way of thinking!
Thanks

Mark

I did not. I submitted a ticket to epicor support. I submitted it on 10/19 and they are still holding it. If you figure anything out let us all know! I will post back here if I ever get a solution.

Hi Nate,

Did you ever hear anything back from Epicor on this?

Thanks
Mark

I just looked back and the last status was me asking if they had done anything with the case. It looks like they closed the case last November. I donā€™t recall getting a solution, and the case doesnā€™t suggest that they have one.

Honestly, I have all but given up on Kinetic. Maybe in a few more years they will have a working product to try out on us!

Thanks Nate, I know what you mean, feels a little like walking through treacle!

So this is pretty easy to do unless Iā€™m missing something. Simply wire an After Event on the Built in Action (button) event that invokes the Refresh Event.

Seems to work pretty well.

BTN_TEST_ABCTest_0_0 is the event that is natively raised when you click the Custom Action button (I named by action TEST) on the dashboard

6 Likes

Thanks Jose! Way to do Epicor Supportā€™s job for them. As usual! :star_struck:

2 Likes

Iā€™d recommend calling the specific gridā€™s refresh event instead of refresh all.

Should be something like refresh_CustomActionUBAQ_0_0 where CustomActionUBAQ is the name of your BAQ.

2 Likes

They donā€™t help with customizations.

2 Likes

Right! and they never have! I get that it is frustrating but what we are asking to do here is not standard it is a customization and requires App Studio. The documentation on how to do this is already there you need to find the right event, and hook onto it and call the appropriate action once that event is complete.

3 Likes

The only grey area I have had issues with in the past is a customization tool not working like documentedā€¦ Then the support agent (who doesnā€™t know how itā€™s supposed to work in the first place) canā€™t discern whether you are asking for help doing a customization (which is a billable, professional services matter) or whether their tooling is broken. This process of figuring out what the real case is can be difficult for entry-level developers who just might be using the tool incorrectly because they canā€™t understand the documentationā€¦ Anyways, rambling nowā€¦

4 Likes

That might be a bit optimistic. I get very little help from the documentation.

To that end, I am trying to get this refresh event to work. I have a button on my form that triggers an erp-baq custom action. After this, I added that event-next widget. I added the Event ID = refresh_UD_OpenJobInventory_0_0.
But nothing is refreshing. Can you help me figure out the issue?
Thanks!
Nate

Iā€™m not at all helpful today, but this is all I can see on your post.

3 Likes

I would 2nd the grid call to refresh over the refresh all.

I think there could potentially be a bug as when uplifting via solution workbench from Test to Pilot. I found the refresh all button stopped functioning on dashboard that had a kinetic cust layer in Pilot.

Wondering if anyone else experienced the same ?

If calling refresh doesnā€™t work, you can force the refresh. Instead of event-next, call the erp-baq widget in GET mode and return the results to your view. Thatā€™s all a refresh is doing anyways.

2 Likes

And by doing that, the grid will refresh with the results? In other words, the refresh of the grid is baked into the GET mode of the erp-baq widget?

Yup. Logically speaking, in order to refresh something, you need to get fresh data. The only way to do that is to pull down a new dataset.

Reviver of dead posts here, struggling to write a where clause for this BAQ refresh method. The grid originally uses a where list which was much more simple for my brain, writing the clause is tripping me up.
I have followed the syntax within the example for the ā€œWhereā€ textbox, however my grid still refills with all records.

I did this: