Requisition Entry - First Time

Hello,

I am trying to setup the Requisition Process for purchasing. I was able to setup the approval process and able to get it work through submit to purchasing. I did the next step which was to Generate suggestions but nothing comes up when I select the New PO Suggestions.

I looked online for the steps and it appears to be correct. I just wonder if I am missing a setting somewhere.

I would appreciate any assistance.

Regards,

Miguel

Can you screen shot some of your setup for the approvals? Did you dispatch it?

Hi Miguel,

You do not need to run Generate suggestions to see new PO suggestions from Requisitions. They automatically appear as new PO suggestion when send to purchasing dispatch occurs. Also, a word of caution, at least in 10.1.600xx, if you delete a PO suggestion from a Requisition, it goes away for good. The system does not remake the suggestion upon next generate suggestions run. We had people not wanting to act on them yet, and deleting them expecting them come back next day, akin to other new PO suggestions. But they do not.

Long story short, I think you have missed something with your dispatch and agree with Josh, let’s see a screenshot of your requisition action/status area:

Nancy

Make sure you are authorized for the buyer who has the new PO Suggestion.

2 Likes

Hello Josh,

Below is my settings:

test1

test2

Thank you.

Miguel

Hello Nancy,

I was able to get to the last step to go to purchasing approval and that’s were is stops working.

See below.

test2

Thank you.

Miguel

Hello Matt,

That appears to be the issue.

Thanks for your help.

Miguel Lopez

1 Like

Hello Matt,

It appears that the Submit to Purchasing grays out the authorized users.tes3

So I cannot select the authorized user. I am on Epicor 9.

Thank you.

Miguel

The PO Suggestion will probably go to the System Default Buyer, make sure you are an authorized user of the Default Buyer.

Hello Rick,

Where would I find the default buyer to make myself an authorized user?
Below is the screen I am using, is this correct?

I don’t know if this is the correct screens.

But I still cannot access the New PO Suggestions.

Thank you.

Miguel

On the first screen, see the checkbox in the upper right corner? System Default, enable that.
OR search and pull up all the Buyers and find the one that is marked as System Default and add yourself as an Authorized User.
The Buyer that is marked as the ‘System Default’ is the buyer the PO Suggestion will be assigned to if the Requisition’s Part Class is not defined or if the Part Class does not have a Buyer assigned to it.
If your user is added to all the Buyers as Authorized User you will then see all the PO Suggestions.

Hello Rick,

I added all the buyers and added my test user to all of the buyers. I still cannot bring up the page to authorized the requisition. I click on the function and there is no response from the system as though I don’t have the option.

Any suggestions.

Thank you.

Miguel

Miguel,
I’m a bit confused. From prior screenshots you have completed all the Requisition Approval steps, per the Req has a status of ‘Submit To Purchasing.’ That means it is sent to New PO Suggestions for the System Default Buyer.
Of all your Buyer’s do one of them have the highlighted checkbox enabled:

Hi Miguel,

Our send to purchasing req action also has authorized users grayed out. So, I think that means anyone can send to purchasing. Where we have authorized users assigned is on the Approval req action. Another way to see what buyer was assigned to the PO suggestion is to do a BAQ and pull the SugPoDtl data and then ensure to include Req no field and buyer.

Nancy

1 Like

Miguel,
A few things to clarify, in addition to my post last night:

1. There is nothing to do to Send to Purchasing except to approve the prior step, Send to Purchasing is automatic, which is why there is not an authorized user for that step.
  2. At that point a New PO Suggestion is automatically created, no need to run PO Suggestions.
  3. Then go into New PO Suggestions and search (via the Binoculars Toolbar Icon) to pull all the suggestions you have access for into the program. (be sure to change your search options to Return All Rows)
    • The Search might be what you are missing, and this was just brought up in another post regarding PO Suggestions. It’s not obvious that after opening New PO Suggestions that you have to search and select all the PO Suggestions you want to work with.
1 Like

Hello Rick,

I finally got the Approval for each of the steps. But now the approval for the Buyer to convert the requisition into a purchase order is not working. I did the Binolculars Toolbar and none of the requisition we have entered into the test environment appear in the PO Suggestions and if I leave the buyer out I other purchase order information but not the information for the 20 requisitions we have entered.

Is there a setting that would keep the requisitions from displaying.

I do appreciate your asssistance.

Thank you.

Miguel

Miguel,
Lets use a BAQ to confirm what you do an don’t have.
In the BAQ you want to add the ‘SugPODtl’ table.
On that table set the following criteria:
ReqNum > 0
On the Display tab add the following fields:
SugNum, BuyerID, DueDate, ReqNum, ReqLine, Plant
On the Analyze tab, select the ‘Test’ button towards the bottom of the screen.

Please provide a screenshot of the results, if any.

Hello Rick,

I created the BAQ per your instructions I see requisitions but the last one that appears is requisition 31. I have requisitions up to 49.

See BAQ Below:

See Requisition List Below:

The New PO Suggestion Search using Binoculars displays the information seen below but no req’s after 31.

Thanks for the assistance.

Miguel

Looks like your BAQ is missing the criteria of ReqNum > 0
Also note that several of the Suggestions do not have a Buyer ID, that’s odd.
I wonder if you have a bug in 9.05.702a.
What does Req 32-49 status and Current Action?