Return material from job not enough wip

Confirmed with Epicor this morning, they are working on this issue as well @Michael_Ramsey

5 Likes

Excellent. Thank you so much for that. I had just updated our Case with details on the Nonconformance scenario. It will really make you shake your head.

Confirming @Michael_Ramsey experience’s with Nonconformance. We discovered the issue a week or so ago when trying to enter an Operation Nonconformance. Opened an EpicCare case and went back and forth for over a week. Also discovered that Operation WIP is only created by Shop MES. It can’t be Time and Expense entered or imported. We’re an Advanced MES (Mattec) user. We have 50 machines that are collecting operation data. That data is then imported into ERP every hour. We no longer can enter Operation Nonconformance against those jobs. It’s hard to think we have to wait till 2023.1 for it to be fixed.

1 Like

This has been the case forever, and though it’s a sticking point I’ve fought for some time. At a minimum we need to be able to just Adjust WIP at the assembly level for finished products to bridge this gap and I believe that is in the works at this time, but I can’t confirm.

After working through this with their team I don’t think it will be 2023.1 before we see some relief here I’m pretty sure we’ll get it in a patch release between now and then. After dev, QA, and user testing I can’t say when but I think sooner rather than later.

Thanks @jgiese.wci it would be nice to get some relief before 2023.1.

Problem PRB0256925 have been updated:
PD State have been updated to: In Testing

I raised a separate case for the Nonconformance Operation issue, and was told about PRB0257059, which supposedly was rejected by Dev as working as designed.

Development Task TASK7211330 had notes added:
Problem PRB0256925 have been updated:
PD State have been updated to: Completed

1 Like

Because of business constraints, we cannot upgrade to 2023.1, we’ll have to do 2022.2. Does this mean we are SOL?

This issue has been fixed, and the correction will be available in the version 2022.2.7.

1 Like

Even better, I’ve been told it has been requested to be installed this weekend in 2022.2.5! The hot fix I tested earlier this week was not a complete fix so hopefully it has been corrected.

Either way this is good news as we will be upgrading early next year. Thanks for the info!

We are on Public Cloud and have a number of old jobs where we need to return some materials. We have been told the hot fix has been applied but has limitations (we think this means only works on new jobs but are clarifying on our open Epicor case).
Assuming that this might be our situation, we needed a way to fix all the old jobs and I didn’t like the idea of having to do a Quantity Adjustment /Job Adjustment on all of them (plus I would have to do it instead of our production staff being able to do the return).
So, I just tried using Mass Return from Mfg and only selecting the material I want to return and seems to work (enter job, click Return, click Return Selected on the materials you want returned and then click the Return button again). So, we’ll be using that until we get onto the version with the proper fix which is in another months time.

Confirmed patched in 2022.2.7 released today

3 Likes

We got this in a hot fix a few weeks ago and unfortunately we still get the error, even on brand new jobs entered.

This is great news, can you confirm if you tested using MES? Thanks!

Then your circumstances are different or the hotfix is not applied. I’ve been using the fix since Nov 6th, worked very closely with Epicor to get that patched.

See above I’ve been using the fix pre-QA since Nov 6th.

updatePartWIP is the method called when performing a MTL-STK transaction they added an enforce wip param that bypasses that logic per transaction type. There may be other transaction types that the bypass is not enabled for, but for MTL-STK it is passed as false, and occurs at the transaction level not per screen.

That sounds like it would work but perhaps the hotfix was also not applied in my system as I was still receiving the error as well. This was only when reporting from MES as the WIP material is “consumed” but not when reporting in T&E. Thank you and I’ll keep fingers crossed that it is fixed in the next update.

If you are on prem it wouldn’t have been available until yesterday if you are cloud then no sounds like it wasn’t applied if they were applying before actual release of the code. It hadn’t gone through QA until this current .7 patch.

Thanks Joshua, on cloud and was the hot fix they had installed.