Rogue App Server Flooding SQL with 10K Queries a Minute HELP!

I do not know whether to :rofl: with you or :sob: with you. I think I am doing both. There needs to be something we can do here, even if there is a known solution and a bad Configuration. I have to say seeing that message from you this morning I feel much better that you have already resolved it. Iā€™m going to check around internally for options and get back to you.

4 Likes

Yeah in the very least it shouldnā€™t allow me to have a URL in that Sys Agent screen that sinā€™t pointing to the ā€œcurrentā€ Db.

In your case it would need to be checked on every subtask creation.

@josecgomez so after the first 5 minutes we are struggling. Just so you know exposing DB connection info of any sort will get us shot and deservedly soā€¦ So we have been discussing hashingā€¦ do we need that column anymore? Validation time checking vs runtime checking and impact on performance. We did not talk long because my Task Agent expert is on PTO today but it isnā€™t going to get solved in a 5 minute chat, it might over a beer though. Iā€™m adding it to by todo list for next week.

1 Like

Something as simple as having a response back 404 task not found when a task is sent to the sys agent, should be a very quick 1=1 lookup so that at least the App Server / Agent can respond back and let it know the task that was sent for work doesnā€™t exist.

That could / should then raise alarms and mark the tasks as ā€œerrorā€

It already sends a TaskID to process (is how I found the issue because the TaskIDā€™s being sent to SQL were not in the Db) so if that initial call did a very quick primary key indexed lookup to verify that the Task (at least exists) it may go a long way.

But yeah I can see the complexity.

Thanks for looking at it so quickly.

Also consider not flooding our Event Log whenever MC, MRP or Scheduling is runningā€¦ which all take 3+min especially Continuous MC or MRP may take up to 3-8hrs.

You can edit your config via notepad but consider making the default like 6-8hrs instead of 3 minutes.

I literally have 100K warnings.

1 Like

@josecgomez Sorry for you misery, but also thanks. I added this to my restore script as something to clear.

Greg

1 Like

As will I, hoping to go live with and automatically refreshed dev this week.

Thanks for publishing @josecgomez

1 Like

Yeah it was a brand new field for us and we didnā€™t have it on the script.
You bet it is now !!! lol

3 Likes

Why is my foot hurting !??!?!

ā€¦oh crap I shot myself in the foot again! At least I recognised the symptoms and could fix itā€¦

1 Like

Add it to your restore script (itā€™s what we did)

1 Like