Run BAQ on a schedule then append results to UD table

I have a couple of business requirements where daily I want to run a BAQ that returns some calculated fields, and then store those values in a UD table.

Say I want to get a count of parts with QOH >0 by part class.
I would want to store each value in a UD table with todays date.

The business wants to be able to see the # of parts in stock by part class historically.

Anybody out there do this using BPMs on a schedule?

Thanks,
Eric

I’ve done something similar with a scheduled UBAQ. The UBAQ directives allow you to schedule a BPM in a sense, it’s very useful if you don’t have functions. The UBAQ is set up for “Advanced BPM Update Only”, and there is a UBAQ directive on the GetList (post processing).

In a post-processing UBAQ directive on GetList, you can use the “Invoke BO Method” widget to call UDxx.UpdateExt to do your UD table updates/additions.

I have the uBAQ written and I have selected Advanced BPM Update only.
Then under BPM Directives Configuration under the GetList Method I have created a post-Processing method directive.

At this point I am not sure how to map values from the UBAQ to fields in the target table.

Forgot the mention the “fill table by query” widget. You can create a UD table set variable in the “invoke bo method” widget when you’re selecting the parameters for the updateext call. Once it’s created, you can use the fill table by query widget (placed before theinvoke bo method widget) to map your ttresults to the ud table set table.

Hey Adam. Thanks for the follow-up. I did find a Epicor education course for Advanced BPM and was able to walk through step by step instructions to get this configured.
Now how to run it and test it?
I want to run the BAQ and take the returned data (there will be 10 rows of data) and push all 10 of those rows into a UD table using this set up on a schedule (daily).

If I manually select each line of my results from the analyze tab and then click update I get this error pop-up

ok so after some really good google searching and filtering i ran across this lovely page:

I was able to get the getList post directive method to work without the update requirement and then scheduled the “export” of the BAQ. Boom data in the UD39 table from a UBAQ aggregating data from the UD40 table.

3 Likes

@gingerhelp I found your page! Thanks for at.

Glad it helped you out @Eric_Howell!