Running custom process on a Schedule

So you mean, suggesting a feature “user defined BPM to run on schedule” would be a waste of time because they sell something to do it? I guess that would explain why we have to do all of the goofy workarounds to run a BPM on a schedule. Seems a little silly.

3 Likes

Ditto to what Daryl said. This is how I typically accomplish this. I have the UD40 table set up as an “IT Use” table. I create a control record on that table, and then a BPM triggers when the control record gets updated. The Service Connect routine runs on a schedule, and the only thing that it does it a UD40.GetByID and a UD40.UpdateExt.

The BPM has a condition Key1 = “RecordKeyValue” and CheckBox01 is changed from FALSE to TRUE. In the custom code of the BPM, the last thing I do is set CheckBox01 back to FALSE so it’s ready for the next time the schedule runs.

It all sounds a lot more complicated than it really is.

When you look down this thread, functional as all the solutions may be, it does all feel a bit hacky for such a simple need, doesn’t it?

6 Likes

Ended up purchasing the User Process Scheduler. It was super cheap and everything I ever wanted for this requirement. Thanks for the suggestions all!

I HIGHLY recommend purchasing the User Process Scheduler if you’re able to. It really opens up a lot of possibilities for custom process programming.

4 Likes

You got any hard numbers? (barllpark or whatever)

For 17 users, it was like 700 bucks

5 Likes

We are also now purchasing the process scheduler as well after trying it out! Its awesome

1 Like

I asked my CAM about it. I had to look it up for him on EpicWeb. :man_facepalming:

2 Likes

Mine did too…you’d think they would know their catalog a little better.

1 Like

How did you find out about it?

from @josecgomez and @hmwillett in this thread :wink:

2 Likes

wow, my memory getting poor. :blush:

1 Like

Do you have to match it your User Count? I would like for a Service Account “manager” for example to Run a special BPM on a Schedule, not every user.

Everything in Epicor is licensed by user @hkeric.wci regardless of who uses it.

2 Likes

So I would need ex 550 licenses and as I grow the more expensive it gets? Yikes, at 17 users and 700$ sounds cheap… but at 550, not so much :slight_smile:

All I wanted was a BPM on a Schedule :slight_smile:

I don’t think the scale is linear.

1 Like

Its just one licence not 550 licenses lol they just charge you based on your user load.
And as you grow your maintenance gets more expensive and yes like @Banderson said it doesn’t scale linearly.

In V8 I would use the BAQ Export, and had a trick for passing parameters to it. That worked for me. That is until the BAQ Export BPMs were removed in E10 :frowning:

What I do no, is use DMT to toggle a checkbox in UD table, and have a BPM run off the UD table change. Then schedule (via Windows) a power shell script to run the DMT via command line.

Pretty hacky, but it works for me.

2 Likes

I still see it in 10.1.500.49 and @josecgomez said he tested it in 10.2 - so it must still be there in E10.

@Aaron_Moreng what is your CAM Name, so I can redirect our CAM to him/her. Our CAM has never heard of this module and believes that “Epicor” does not sell this Module. Where or from who did you buy it from?