Scheduling Error - Nullable object must have a value

This error just started today. Everything was working well yesterday. Today when trying to use Job Entry to schedule any job using Finite Resources = true, this error pops up. This is one of the shortest messages I have ever seen from Epicor!

Application Error

Exception caught in: Erp.Adapters.ScheduleEngine

Error Detail 
============
Program: Erp.Adapters.ScheduleEngine.dll
Method: MoveJobItem

Client Stack Trace 
==================
   at Erp.Adapters.ScheduleEngineAdapter.MoveJobItem(Boolean& l_finished, String& c_WarnLogTxt)
   at Erp.UI.App.JobEntry.Transaction.scheduleJob()

This is related to an old post last used in 2019, so I thought I would start a new one. Scheduling - Nullable object must have a value - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

I tried the obvious things from that thread like looking for operations with weird Prod Stds, or missing Scheduling factors (finish-to-start, etc). The job looks ok. If I schedule it without finite resources checked, it works ok. If I take the due date and push it out a year, it schedules ok even with finite resources checked. We didn’t have any updates or changes to our system since it was working fine yesterday. We don’t have any methods firing off of this form as far as I can tell. No new customizations have been made to the form recently. It happens on my pc and other’s pcs.

Has anyone experienced this? Any ideas that I can try?
Thanks!
Nate

We poked around at many screens with Epicor support for about an hour. Nothing helped. So, over the weekend they want to do a data model regen, then try again on Monday. I am not holding my breath.

bambi not breathing GIF

Just spit-balling…

Are your production calendars setup properly? I only as as you said it worked yesterday, not today, but will with a date far out in the future.

Maybe something to dig into would be to keep rescheduling it with the due date gettting closer and closer until the error returns (Due: 4/1/2024, 3/1/2024, 2/1/2024, …)

Any chance someone’s April Fools BPM (which would kick in tomorrow) is making the Fool of you? :wink:

1 Like

I would also recalculate the Shop Capacity with the "full delete’ option checked. The finite scheduler uses the ShopCap table to determine which blocks of time are available for resources.

2 Likes

Thankfully we just use one production calendar, and it hasn’t been changed since just before the new year when I setup the new holidays. I doubt someone is April Fooling me. :thinking:

Trying the shop capacity thing now. I know that calculated scheduling order and global scheduling are both set to run daily early in the morning. They both completed without issues the last few days.

Unfortunately, the shop capacity thing didn’t fix this error.

I had the same error today. I had a job-to-job relationship and the other job was never scheduled, so it didn’t have a start date. Once that other job was scheduled, everything went back to normal.

Edit : Schedule Multi Job was enabled

@NateS In case support does not already have you digging thru these logs.

https://epiccare.epicor.com/epiccare?id=epiccare_kb_article&sys_id=6644d6361b251cd06e30fe60cd4bcbc0

1 Like

They had to do a Data Model Regen over the weekend. That seems to have fixed it. Thanks guys!

2 Likes