Ship By date that uses a production calendar

Can you have the Ship By date set at a sales order release to conform to a production calendar?
Example, if I have a production calendar where Friday Dec 25 is a non-work day, the field would error, or maybe move it to Monday 28th?

This is data validation, you can either create a Data Directive BPM In-Transaction on OrderHed ShipByDate or Method Directive on Update. In the condition, check the Production calendar.

The question here is which Production Calendar to check?

Here is the link for checking a date is a work day or non work day can be found here

1 Like

I did something like this for another customer… in one case, we created a special “Shipping” calendar (instead of using the Production calendar). This way we could block out days that the staff may be scheduled to work, but were not going to be shipping days.
We then made a BPM that would automatically shift forward through the calendar until it found a date that was valid. (we had more rules than this, but essentially that was what it did).

2 Likes

TobyLai, yes, exactly, we’d have a special Shipping calendar.
I started working with a BPM, but was wondering if I was missing something easy and obvious.
Thank you

Would be great if in a future release, Epicor provide functions in the BPM’s like ‘Next X days’ but using a calandar. Such as NextBusDay( CalandarID, days, startDate) where days could be positive or negative for previous working days…

Pierre