A category similar to Experts Corner, with straightforward examples of how to do the basic things that get asked time and time again. I’m thinking mostly customizations.
- Adding a UD field to a table - The basics from the Extended UD Table Maint. form, to Regenerating the data model.
- Adding a User Code to a Combobox on a form
- Using a combobox in a grid
- Referencing native form controls vs added controls
Topic should include:
- Expected skill level -
- Basic - “I know how to enter Developer Mode”
- Medium - “Ive successfully implemented a customization before”
- Advanced - " I’ve made customizations with custom code"
- Mention of the version (and environment, like cloud based) of Epicor the solution works on. And if known, versions that it doesn’t.
- If it requires any non-common modules (believe it or not, not everyon one has CRM or Advanced Materials )
Limit the replies to “valuable” insight like limits of the provided solution. If a “better” solution is determined, make that it’s own “Simple Solution” entry with a link in the original SS, pointing to the new one.
Most importantly. It describes how to accomplish a task with a very narrow scope, without mentioning all the other things that you could do to expand on it. KISS
(That KISS is for “Keep It Super Simple” - or “Keep It Simple, Stupid”.