Solution Workbench - Exporting / Installing RDL with Sub-Reports

Improve the Solution Workbench Export Process to include all the RDLs when Creating a .cab for a Report Style.

Currently, Epicor will ask you, if you would like to include the RDL and if you click yes, it only includes the RDL Referenced in the Report Style, so any dependent Sub-Reports will not be included.

However, if you use Actions -> Download SSRS Report via Report Style Maintenance, it downloads them all.

Make use of the same functionality during, Solution Workbench .cab creation - or - an additional prompt asking if you want all or single.

Then of course Install Solution should replicate the functionality of Report Style Maintenance(s), Actions -> Upload SSRS Report

1 Like

As of 10.2.400.x atleast I noticed the Sub-Reports are NOW included (when building the .cab) and uploaded via the Solution Workbench. I already deployed a few Reports only via the .cab

Can someone confirm besides me, then we can mark this Feature as closed. When was this implemented? I am on 10.2.400.10 and it works now!

@JeffLeBert @Edge @josecgomez

Yes this has been a round for a while.

Nice, at the time of making this request I was on 10.1.500.31+ - Maybe even early 10.2.300.

Awesome! It works great!

Sorry I didn’t see this post earlier. That feature has been in for a long time.

When I built the Excel-DataOnly format for reports, I had to build a class to “visit” (the Visitor Pattern) RDLs. RDLs are just XML files so it was fun. Adding a class to collect all the sub-reports was easy after that. Then we used that functionality in Solution Workbench. I love writing code (and talking about it). :slight_smile:

2 Likes