Some users are being prompted to log in with Epicor Credentials when clocking in/out

We had an update Friday, now some users are being asked for their password when they clock in/out with their badge. Any idea what changed or why its only happening to some users?

It would appear that the employees are tied to full ERP client usernames. You can review this article that goes through the process of checking that for the employees in question:

MES User is Prompted for Epicor Login After Clocking in

1 Like

That gives me a 404 error.

1 Like

Hm, I’ll check with our epiccare team to what may be going on. Here is the KB content

1 Like

We resolved it by going to the Payroll Employee and un-linking it to a user-ID - looks like the equivalent to the KB except from another window.

Thanks.

Thanks for the feedback, I’ll add that to the KB article!

Also this link works for the KB:

https://epicorcs.service-now.com/epiccare?id=epiccare_kb_article&sys_id=87613e40db2b6a04b3227e09af9619ee

But this one does not.
https://epicorcs.service-now.com/kb?id=kb_article_view&sys_kb_id=87613e40db2b6a04b3227e09af9619ee

Could be an issue with the permalink URL generation in the view that I used for the link. I’ll pass that along to our team as well!

1 Like

Well now I am not sure if it was the equivalent of the KB article or not, because some of the users we fixed still have the “Employee” field filled out. So maybe its a similar, but different issue. Especially since that KB was written two years ago and we only started having issues Friday.

Hi Nathan,
One thing I haven’t picked up in this thread is why it seems that cross binding the employee and the user ID’s is causing this behavior. At first blush, a more fully configured system seems like it would enable functionality and streamline processes, but in this case, the cross referencing seems to have the reverse effect. Could you shed light on why that is specifically in relation to Employee and User Id’s referencing each other?

It had been awhile since I dealt with this issue, so I went into our Test database just to ensure I don’t offer misinformation. I’ll start by saying that we’re on 10.2.300.6 - but it’s worked this way for every version I’ve been in since 9.05:

Having the Employee set in the User Security Account is fine and doesn’t result in the person having to enter in their login credentials for MES.

The moment you go into Employee Maintenance on the Production Info tab, and fill in the User Name field, the employee will be prompted for their User Login credentials each time they go into MES - above and beyond signing into MES - i.e. whenever they enter their Employee ID into MES

Clear the User Name out of Employee Maintenance, and the additional Log-in will go away. You can keep the Employee ID assigned in User Account Security Maintenance.

I hope that helps alleviate some of the confusion.

I think one of the reasons for having the ability to put the additional login controls in place is if a particular employee has access to areas that you don’t want other employees to have access to - it prevents other employees from logging into MES with that employee’s ID. For example, I have access to all functions in MES - Not every employee needs or should have access - so it’s a security control to limit just what people can or cannot access.