SSRS RDD Report Timeout

We are trying to print a large job traveler for a job with a few hundred releases but it times out. Any ideas? I’ve increased the timeouts but it still times out.

Program Ice.Services.Lib.RunTask raised an unexpected exception with the following message: RunTask:
System.Data.SqlClient.SqlException (0x80131904): Execution Timeout Expired.  The timeout period elapsed prior to completion of the operation or the server is not responding. ---> System.ComponentModel.Win32Exception (0x80004005): The wait operation timed out

Does the Epicor base SSRS Report Style also timeout? (Assuming your using a Customized style)

We had a similar problem (I think…) with printing very large orders. If I recall, we had to make a version of the report style using an RDL with the line comments removed. The long orders that would crash it, didn’t even have line comments.

It does not. Compared to our style it’s pretty basic. We have a lot of data on our traveler… :roll_eyes:

1 Like

We have a bunch of UD comment fields. Maybe that’s where the issue is… too much data in comments for a few hundred releases.

I never found the exact root cause, but there is something weird in the OrdAck. Some of the temp tables must not link right because when you test it in Report Builder, it asks for parameters that typically would be a GUID. I think Report Language is one.

It was the comments! We removed those and it ran right away. We are going to put the comments in a supporting report and just run those separate. Thanks for the help!