Suggestion For Warehouse

Hi guys,

Hoping someone can help me out here. I have created seven new parts, all manufactured and all with a revision (approved) and a BOm containing one material and three operations (one of which is subcontract). I have entered a safety stock for them all. Run MRP is checked.
I was expecting MRP to create jobs to satisfy the safety stock, but it hasn’t. Instead I am getting this for all the parts in Time Phase;

Can anyone suggest what I may be missing?
TIA

I am sure there are other reasons Epicor will create a job suggestion instead of an unfirm job but the only one that I am aware of is no approved revision.

I wouldn’t expect demand from safety stock to behave differently than any other type of demand but maybe that has something to do with it. These are all inventoried/quantity bearing parts?

What happens if you try and create a quick job for one of these parts?

Hi Garret,

Thanks for the reply. Yes, they are all inventory parts and quantity bearing is checked.

I tried your suggestion using Quick Job Entry and the job was created, complete with all operations and material.c

I’m stumped :thinking:

If you look in the Planning Workbench, does it show an entry for the part with any explanation?

Hi Ernie,

None of the part numbers show up in the Planning Workbench.

Hi,

I would recommend trying to create a job via quick job entry.

This will highlight the issue.

I could be something like an inactive part in the BOM.

Cheers,

Andrew.

At THIS point I’m sort if in bug-search mode… if you put the value you have in Safety Stock in Minimum On-Hand Qty, does that make MRP create the job? I’m wondering if there is a bug that makes it ignore Safety Stock if there is a zero Min OH.

I saw this before when I had parts with approved alternate methods in a site that made suggestions. I had to set the alternate method under Parts / Planning for MRP to make the job.

Run MRP for just one of the parts, (which will be a Net Change run) and set logging to Verbose. Use Server File Download (if in cloud) and review the logs, they usually tell what happened each step of the MRP run. I find a lot of the “Why’s” there. :wink: