Testing Kinetic BPM with LINQPad 7?

Has anyone figured out using LINQPad to do some BPM debugging and mocking up with Epicor Kinetic (e.g. version 2022.2)?

I found this post today and was really excited to try this out: [ Tools / Download ] Epicor LINQPad Starter Kit

The write-up seems to be for Epicor ERP 10.2 and LINQPad 5 (.NET 4.x Framework ) - However, I’m on Kinetic 2022.2 and using LinqPad 7 (.NET 6/7/8).

When I try variations on the helper/starter .linq file, I cannot seem to get past this error:

The type initializer for 'Erp.ErpContext' threw an exception.

The inner exception being:

Unrecognized configuration section system.webServer. (\\svkinetic22\k$\Epicor\wwwroot\Kinetic\Server\web.config line 3)

The weird part about that error is I tried changing the webConfigFile string to point to the host.config file instead on the web server path, but it doesn’t seem to matter. I’m guessing the InitialiseConfiguration() subroutine is no longer having any effect on the which .config file the ErpContext constructore attempts to read.

Oh, and I tried using LINQPad 5 and it just complains about missing .NET 6 assemblies.

Any hints appreciated.