The importance of Epicor Ideas - vote and vote often

As a new Epicor company that has both paid consultants, internal developers, and has already become a vetern with Epiccare through many cases; I would encourage any user on here to get out and vote on Epicor Ideas - there are SO MANY good ideas on there, many with under 5 votes or even 1. If the majority of these ideas were implemented, we would all breathe easier.

As we continue to develop, learn, and use Epicor, I have made it habit of checking the ideas a few times a week and voting for any that make sense to me. I often sort by RECENT to see what new ideas people are putting out there, other than “trending.”

It is also very encouraging that Epicor enacts many of these ideas as they actively look at it.

So, that all being said, please vote often and add your own ideas often - if it benefits you, it will likely benefit all of us. I’ve seen the occasional post about ideas here recently (I read epiusers a few times a week as well!) and this post is just more of a PSA. TIA and Happy New Year all!

P.S. if you don’t know how to access ideas, go to Epiccare and then choose the drop down in the upper right that states: Solution Portals.

7 Likes

We have @timshuwy to thank for that. He really moved mountains to get that working.

4 Likes

Thanks Mark, and Thanks @timshuwy!

1 Like

thanks for the kind words… here is an overview of the impact that Epicor Ideas had on Kinetic 2023.2:

1 Like

I can’t get it, hit reset password. No email ever came.

I’m sure I missed something obvious, but just haven’t had the energy to figure it out, but I miss reading and voting.

Thought it was just me. I was certain I was registered last year, but then I thought maybe I’m just gaslighting myself.

I am actively working a case for my IdP not working on one of my machines causing me to not be able to get into Ideas on that PC.

I had to register on Epicor Ideas with the Epicor Idenity - the made some change a couple of weeks ago where my original login credentials didn’t work; once I used my Epicor Idenity it worked fine.

1 Like

I guess IdP isn’t an optional thing then?

The Epicor Ideas platform was moved 100% to Epicor ID, so it is no longer an option. IF you didnt have an epicor IdP login before, then you will need to create one. Once you do, you can use that login for Epicor Ideas, Logging Epicor Cases, etc. This is true for all Epicor Employees. We all use Epicor IdP which makes logging into all things epicor much easier, because we only need to log in once.

2 Likes

Thanks Tim.

Thanks for the tip! I did not know it was there.

1 Like

worked like a charm, thanks for getting me some instructions.