TIE SmartBridge Migrations from eVision

Hi I’m new to the community, and I wanted to know if anyone thought the Epicor Insights Conference would be a good way for an EDI developer/consultant with TIE SmartBridge and eVision experience to get exposure to companies that need assistance with EDI implementation?

From what I’m told from the Epicor EDI hosting team, TIE is ending support for eVision and “encouraging” migration to SmartBridge. I know TIE’s own implementation team is just learning the TSB setups, so I figured I might be able to find some part time work on projects.

Thanks in advance for helping.

Was looking for info on TIE SmartBridge and came across this post. Trying to understand the path forward with Epicor EDI (1 EDI Source) vs migration from TIE eVision to TIE SmartBridge. Do you have any insight on the pros of sticking with TIE? Looks like going forward 1 EDI Source will be the EDI platform of choice for Epicor.

Hi Jennifer,

I have worked on both, and to be honest, TIE SmartBridge seems to be the more robust. I think that the move to EDI1Source was more profitable for Epicor vs what is more efficient for their customers. Either way you go, X12 data is the same, it’s translated basically the same, and it integrates into Epicor. The bottom line will be that it is almost always more expensive to go with Epicor for EDI Development than it is to go to a professional consultant.

Good luck!

Jean Montague
www.linkedin.com/in/jeanmontague

1 Like