Tracking Form Customizations

I have taken over as ERP admin for a guy that retired after 20 years. He built this system with relatively little documentation that I know of. How can I find out what form customizations are in use and by who?

Also, while I’m thinking of it, is there a way to query differences between customized forms and base? We are going to be upgrading to Kinetic from E10 later this year / early next year and I’ll have to customize those forms.

There is a table in Epicor that you can query to find all customizations. It’s called Ice.XXXDef. Here is a BAQ that I found on this forum at one time or another that shows the screen customizations.
ST_ScreenCustomizations.baq (14.0 KB)

There is another table that will show you what menu items have which customizations applied. You can compare this against the previous table to see which customizations are active and which are not. The table is called Ice.Menu. Look at the column called Arguments. Customizations will be shown as -c CustomizationName in the Arguments column.

Most of your customizations should transition to Kinetic smoothly unless you mean you’re trying to go to the Kinetic UI.

Jose Gomez posted about a block of code you can copy/paste into customizations that will highlight all the differences between base and customization. I had a couple customizations that did not transfer into Kinetic smoothly and had to rebuild. This was helpful. I’ll find the link and add it here. It won’t give you a printout, per se, that you can refer to… but you can pull it up on one screen and pull up the new one on the other screen and use it that way. Class to Kinetic Upgrade Helper

1 Like

Thank you very much.