Transfer Reports from E10 to K2022

Hello Everyone,

Greetings.

I have always had this problem with transferring reports from one app server to another, when I restore a DB into a test app server. I find myself forced to go into each RDL file to change the SharedReportDataSource in each report to make it point into the correct database.

My question is: How could I transfer all reports from one app server to another without the need to go into each RDL file and change the RDS manually?

Also, how can I bulk upload all reports instead of having to manually upload every report?

I appreciate everything you could provide me.

Kind Regards,
Aamer.

I’ve had some luck using the Solution Workbench. If you add the report styles to the solution, at the time of building the solution it will ask if you want to include the rdl file.

I can’t remember off the top of my head if this works when building the solution in E10 and installing in Kinetic.

That is interesting. We are in Cloud. I have not encountered a Shared Data Source mapping problem. I have encountered the RDL files not being in PILOT after Epicor refreshes even though the Report Style does carry over from the LIVE. However, when I inspect the data source path it shows up very generically something like:
\ SSRSReports_SiteID \ reports \ SharedDataSource

So, are you On Prem? Are you saying that if you for example were to download a system report’s RDL inside “Test” then it gets a data source path that is different from the same one downloaded from “Live”?

1 Like

I remember the solution workbench could do something like that, but what if I wanted to take a backup from a database in one server and restore it on another server? will all the reports be transferred automatically? from my experience, the answer is a solid no.

That’s the core issue here and it is frustrating to say the least.

Yeah, I’m on prem.

Are you saying that if you for example were to download a system report’s RDL inside “Test” then it gets a data source path that is different from the same one downloaded from “Live”?

That’s exactly what happens.

A report on live would have its SharedDataSource point to Live, and if you attempt to download it and upload it to Test, it will still point out to Live, thus the custom report will not print and will return errors.

Epicor SSRS Migration Tool - ERP 10 - Epicor User Help Forum (epiusers.help)

Jose shared this on a thread from 2019. I think he meant to post it here.

3 Likes
1 Like

I might give this tool a try, thanks.

1 Like