Updatable BAQ For Methods - Any Thoughts?

Hello wonderful people,
I am in need of some education and guidance, specifically with UBAQ. Can it be used to update methods? Would it be wise to use this to change the Days Out on outside service operations? What are the Pros and Cons. When and how are UBAQ 's best used? If it can be used this way, where should a person start? Anyone have any links to others experiencing a situation such as this?

Please share your knowledge with me :slight_smile:
Thank you,
Bekka S.

Are you looking for a general how-to create a UBAQ?

Here are some screenshots to get you started from something I made.
Key Fields must be displayed in your query or it will error. You can then hide them in a dashboard if you like.

Yes. I am looking to get as much information I can on the topic, such as the following:

1. What are they best used for?
  2. What should they not be used for?
  3. How do you get them saved on a dashboard?
  4. What are some do’s and do not’s I should know about before creating one?
  5. Can they be used to update Methods?
  6. Things to avoid, pros and cons?
  7. Can they be used for mass updating fields?
  8. Is there a way to update a field without having to double click each one?

Along with anything else you can share that might be helpful to someone just starting to work with UBAQ’s. Personal experience, troubles, and failures help too! I am here to learn from anyone who is willing to share their knowledge with me. :slight_smile:

1. What are they best used for?
    Reviewing and modifying data all at once instead of record by record. Customization.
    Paste Update / Paste Insert records
  1. What should they not be used for?
    I would just limit them to specific people
  1. How do you get them saved on a dashboard?
    Dashboard Maintenance-> Select BAQ → Select any filters → Deploy Dashboard UI
  1. What are some do’s and do not’s I should know about before creating one?
    UBAQ have required fields that must be displayed in the BAQ. (Key Fields)
  1. Can they be used to update Methods?
    Not sure.
  1. Things to avoid, pros and cons?
    They are not idiot proof. (Copy Pasting) Make sure explicit instructions are created for using UBAQ as a lot of damage can be done - similar to DMT. I would recommend turning on change log for any important fields, in case things get messy.
  1. Can they be used for mass updating fields?
    YES
  1. Is there a way to update a field without having to double click each one?
    You can tab and arrow through fields like excel in my experience.

A couple of notes:

When you add the query to a dashboard you’ll want to go into the grid properties and mark the grid as updatable and also click the Prompt field on each updatable field.

Also – when you mention “Methods” are you talking about Methods of Manufacturing? If so, you won’t be able to do that through an updatable BAQ. The checkin/checkout processes aren’t available there.

Joe