Upgrade From Vantage 8.03.409 to Epicor 10.2.300

Our jump from Vista 8 to E10 was via DMT so we could cleanup our info too.

Just finished an upgrade from 8.03 to E10 cloud -
Conversion time about 10 hours.
changed multiple UOMs to EA vs PR, CS, etc.
New database has all records but have marked
inactive customers - no contact
Inactive suppliers and parts as inactive.
Database testing went very smooth.
Minor glitch at the end which required us to transfer the open balances from 1999 to current and the trial balance was fine.

Conversion team was very responsive and provided fixes to the V 8.03 database quickly and resubmitted the database a few times.

What size was your database if you don’t mind me asking. We have now scheduled for 27th Feb for our go live as the conversion takes 60 + hours.

Hey guys,
So tomorrow is the start of our go live. We managed to get our software fixed and have been able to reduce the databse to under 100GB. We are doing a month end 1 day early and we are confident we are fully ready. Database should take around 60 hours (approx) and by Monday we should be Live!

Wish me luck.

3 Likes

Good Luck!

Fingers crossed: it’ll be well worth it in the end!

1 Like

Currently on hour 40 of the cloud converter working its magic. Hoping it will finish early hours tomorrow morning ready for us to do our post checks and get all our customisations in there.
Keep you posted.

1 Like

And that, as they say, is that. We started conversion on Thursday 18:30 (GMT) finished Sunday at 12:00, inserting our last customisations and reports. We have done our preliminary testing and everything is fine, good prep on our part!

One thing I will say that I have learned from this experience is the value of UAT. I have never taken on a project this big before and had little experience system upgrades. The value of UAT really was a huge help.

Just awaiting the influx of phone calls now from users, but everything should be OK. Not bad for a 3 man team covering 5 sites.

Now, where is my coffee :coffee:

3 Likes

As a corollary, the more often you upgrade - the smaller the project, the more the users remember how to UAT, and the easier it gets. You also re-examine your customizations and make them easier to upgrade. We’ve done two upgrades a year for the last two years. Cake walk.

2 Likes

We are looking at upgrading our Vista 8.03.410 to 10.2. May I ask what server specifications you used and was the OS 2019?

Hello Jody,
Sorry for the delay, I have attached the server spec that Epicor sized up for us in our environment based on our database and projected usage Evironment.pdf (438.2 KB)
Hope this helps

Thank you Neil.