Upgrade warning-10.2.600

No we are only using the Epicor client - not EWA at all. Again, this worked in our test environment but is not in Live. Our server has the 4.8 .NET installed and contains both the application and SQL portions to run Epicor.

We are rolling out the client installs now since our time window for that is very limited with multiple shifts. The DMT to set everyone at the Base version allows all users to print reports. We have not noticed anything else amiss. If Epicor gets back to me and we resolve the issue I will update here. Should anyone else have a thought or suggestion I am happy to try it out. This same issue persists in all Epicor versions (Live, Test, and Pilot) on the live server.

Honestly 10.2.700.23 has been a major pain as far as updates go. Our test environment could not run any Epicor reports, but our custom ones ran fine. Epicor support pawned me off to Microsoft and told me to ask them for help with getting their own SSRS reports to work since they could not resolve the problem. At least reports can print in our live environment for everyone.

yeah, Iā€™ve never used the web client / EWA.

Iā€™m talking about using the client directly on the server and/or deployed over RDS, and having a different appserver in the admin console for different purposes. I use net tcp for 10.2.700 for users, https for api access (salesforce and EMW) and in the case of my Kinetic dev box, Iā€™ve had to retain a net tcp appserver despite it being deprecated, because as yet I havenā€™t made it work with LDAP. I understand using Azure AD will be the solution but as yet havenā€™t had a chance.

So I was just suggesting trying a different protocol appserver for your use case, if only to access that one page.

I was also remembering that I got 404 pages from my https appserver when I first deployed EMW. I had two issues, one was a CORS setting in the config file and one was related to anonymous authentication in IIS.

Sorry I canā€™t be more helpful, but I have to say overall Iā€™ve been very pleased with 10.2.700 once we got it going. But yeah - go live was supposed to be Jan 31 and went to May 29.

Greg, are the app servers deployed the same way?

Is token authentication enabled on your live environment?

The app servers are all the same. The process was followed to the letter in Epicorā€™s guide from upgrading 10.2.300 to 10.2.700.23. No changes were made to the app server configuration pages or anywhere else. They were re-registered and deployed only changing the path to the files on the main page and uninstalling and re-installing the task agent. The server contains both the app and SQL DB. No we do not have token authentication. We are using Username Windows Channel creds specific for Epicor - no SSO.

Geof,

Would you please see if the token authentication is enabled in your testing environments?