Upgrade warning-10.2.600

Hey all

Not sure if this was just my particular case or not, but wanted to share some spooky things that happened on the upgrade to 10.2.600.5 this weekend.

User Process Wrapper
I mistakenly ran the Conversion Workbench prior to installing UserProcessWrapper. I am not sure if the recompile step or the conversion workbench did, but what this did was it deleted any BPMs tied to that BO.
I had to restore a backup of the db from the night before into a new 10.2.200.3 (old version) environment to export those BPMs out and back into the upgraded environment.

BPM External References
After restoring the BPM package into my environment, I noticed it wasn’t allowing those to be marked as compatible. Looking into it, it was because the custom assemblies located in the Server>Customization>Externals folder had all been wiped out. From what I understand, this folder is supposed to be untouched by the upgrade, but that wasn’t the case here.

Luckily I have good backups but hopefully this helps someone in a similar situation

5 Likes

I wonder if anyone else ran into any 10.2.600 upgrade gotchas. Good thread to share them.

It’s hard to say if it was the upgrade or my own fault, but I’ve never seen BPMs straight up deleted by Epicor without warning. The externals folder too is bad, not sure it is because those assemblies were tied to those BPMs but if one had many custom dlls in there, it would be a nightmare to restore if they didn’t have them on hand

There are a few I am watching out

1. Always keep this in mind, just a heads-up

2. Attachments should be reviewed, they are no longer in Company Maintenance and now have their own table.

3. The custom ARForm will need to be rewritten for the new version, based on the new version’s Report Style and Report Data Definition. There are too many changes and logic tweaks this is according to Epicor CS0002011858 – you could get by adding the tables, depends what is cleaner

4. In 10.2.600, the Journal Description comes from the Description placed in the AP Invoice. It no longer is Invoice - Supplier ID. (XL Connect / PowerBI affected?) review BAQs that relied on this.

5. To Cancel an Invoice in 10.2.600 should use AP Cancellation Invoice (New Feature), rewrite the cancelation Procedure?

6. Install .NET Framework 4.8 on Client and Server

5 Likes

SaaS users be like

5 Likes

Any custom Stored Procedures you’ve added to the Epicor Db can / will be whipped during the upgrade… (Even CSG ones! :scream:)

#StayOutOfTheDB

5 Likes

which makes sense, but this one is concerning since it’s affecting directories it shouldn’t be touching period

What if they are a different Schema on dbo or xyz? We do have an Epicor Certified Partner their entire product is custom tables, sps, functions on the Epicor database under a different schema. Hope that survives :slight_smile:

Wouldn’t hold my breath, ours is CSG “propper” and custom BO’s got blown away.

Also got a fun one here. Method signature for InvTransfer.ChangeLot has changed:

OLD:
<tracePacket>
  <businessObject>Erp.Proxy.BO.InvTransferImpl</businessObject>
  <methodName>ChangeLot</methodName>
  <appServerUri>net.tcp://<server>/<environmen>/</appServerUri>
  <returnType>System.Void</returnType>
  <localTime>08/17/20 12:10:14:8047775 PM</localTime>
  <threadID>1</threadID>
  <executionTime total="39" roundTrip="36" channel="0" bpm="0" other="3" />
  <retries>0</retries>
  <parameters>
    <parameter name="ds" type="Erp.BO.InvTransferDataSet">
      <InvTransferDataSet xmlns="http://www.epicor.com/Ice/300/BO/InvTransfer/InvTransfer" />
    </parameter>
  </parameters>
  <paramDataSetChanges>
    <paramDataSet name="ds" useDataSetNbr="0">
      <changedValue tableName="InvTrans" rowState="Modified" rowNum="0" colName="FromLotNumber"><![CDATA[182700019]]></changedValue>
      <changedValue tableName="InvTrans" rowState="Modified" rowNum="0" colName="TransferQty"><![CDATA[1.00]]></changedValue>
      <changedValue tableName="InvTrans" rowState="Modified" rowNum="0" colName="TrackingQty"><![CDATA[1.00]]></changedValue>
      <changedValue tableName="InvTrans" rowState="Modified" rowNum="0" colName="RowMod"><![CDATA[U]]></changedValue>
    </paramDataSet>
  </paramDataSetChanges>
</tracePacket>

NEW:
<tracePacket>
  <businessObject>Erp.Proxy.BO.InvTransferImpl</businessObject>
  <methodName>ChangeLot</methodName>
  <appServerUri>net.tcp://<server>/<environmen>/</appServerUri>
  <returnType>System.Void</returnType>
  <localTime>8/17/2020 12:09:21:9950369 PM</localTime>
  <threadID>1</threadID>
  <correlationId>40d4beec-269c-422f-92b4-2707cbae79f4</correlationId>
  <executionTime total="52" roundTrip="49" channel="0" bpm="0" bpmDataForm="0" other="3" />
  <retries>0</retries>
  <parameters>
    <parameter name="ipLotNum" type="System.String"><![CDATA[182700019]]></parameter>
    <parameter name="ipFromTo" type="System.String"><![CDATA[From]]></parameter>
    <parameter name="ds" type="Erp.BO.InvTransferDataSet">
      <InvTransferDataSet xmlns="http://www.epicor.com/Ice/300/BO/InvTransfer/InvTransfer" />
    </parameter>
    <parameter name="message" type="System.String"><![CDATA[]]></parameter>
  </parameters>
  <paramDataSetChanges>
    <paramDataSet name="ds" useDataSetNbr="0">
      <changedValue tableName="InvTrans" rowState="Modified" rowNum="0" colName="RowMod"><![CDATA[U]]></changedValue>
    </paramDataSet>
  </paramDataSetChanges>
</tracePacket>

WHIP IT GOOD!!!

3 Likes

I’m building a 10.2.600.9 playground and can’t get SSRS to authenticate, but I haven’t really dug into it yet.

After 10.2.600.9 - dev for a few more days as our go live is Friday :slight_smile:
We are seeing a http 404 error when trying to print. We only get the error after the 2nd report is trying to open the print dialog box. I can’t change any kinetic settings in Kinetic Application Maintenance as I get the 404 error there as well. Was on an call with support this afternoon and are waiting for an update tomorrow.

If you can turn off Kinetic prior to getting the 404 error message (which does turn off all kinetic for the company) - then printing works as normal in 600.9.

Glad we found that one prior to the live upgrade on Friday.

1 Like

I had a similar issue and it was related to a non-10.2.600 task agent running against that enviro. Check event viewer too

will do. We have been running different patches of 10.2.600 on this dev server and this only happened after we updated to 600.9. Anything prior was just fine.

I’ll wait till.50 to move to this release, but by that time .700 will be out :rofl:

Initially we were on 10.2.600.2. Since DocStar didn’t create line level tax, we have to upgrade to 10.2.600.6. Still DocStar creates tax for only first line and waiting for a fix. Also we can’t change Plant/Company from Kinetic Home Page. Luckily its upgrade from E9 and we haven’t go-live.

:laughing:

You should be able to change plant/company if you go to .7 or later.

Hey @Aaron_Moreng I see you mention User Process Wrapper, do you mean the User Process Scheduler Extended Solution from CSG?
If so, please feel free to reach out to me directly, or raise an EpicCare case so the team can look into this.

Regards,
Jonathan