UPS Worldship Epicor Intergration

Hello we want to intergrate UPS worldship with the customer shipment entry screen so when we tick shipped it transfers the data to worldship and prints of a label and delivery note

You can do this through a file drop and configure Worldship and also you can use worldease. or you can use apis.

3 Likes

does that automatically save/update when you tick shipped? You probably want to trigger whatever you do on the update, and keep all your logic on the server side (ie in BPMs not in UI customizations) so you don’t end up having to redo it all when you go to Kinetic. Plus it’s more secure and efficient.

Have you looked at Quick Ship at all?

In theory you could use REST and BPMs to do what QuickShip does to integrate with shipping companies, but that would take a lot of time and money.

I think connecting through Worldship would be convoluted. It isn’t a modern interface, it uses flat files, and I doubt there is any REST integration. Getting the data out of epicor is easy, but then you would need to figure out how to get worldship to take the data and trigger it to send the data to UPS

pretty easy to automate it. what are you after, do you want ideas in achieving this or someone help to automate this flow?

1 Like

Yes. you need a trigger and put it server side.

There is rest integration with UPS but not directly into worldship

1 Like

Quick ship is good but expensive for what it does. Their license structure is per seat which is strange.

Yea I figured the REST integration was direct to UPS. Based on the Quick Ship Setup.

I think the quick ship license structure makes sense. You pay per shipping terminal. What I don’t like is that how they structure the connectors and modules for different shipping companies, LTL, international.

1 Like

Hello all is quick ship another interface you pay for in epicor we have 1month and a half to get it intergrated in our second company

Quick Ship

World Ship

@pompe4040

We do use Quick Ship.

Had 1 sort of minor issue where when trying to setup some brand new Zebra label printers it rotated the output which caused it to clip the edge of the label and I along with Support could never figure out nor correct the root cause. Reverted to the old label printers we already had.

Infrequently Quick Ship takes the request and WorldShip gets the request and generates the Tracking Number, but the Manifest Response does not make it back into Epicor even though the Shipment record in Quick Ship shows shipped and tracked.

Yeah the LTL and international structure is not great. You can’t use your own shipper code/rates. We have better rates than Epicor, but we have to use their rates with the rate shopping piece of quick ship.

http://advancedware.com/EpicorERP10/AWUPSInterface.aspx

2 Likes

Nice! I love that company.

Scroll down about 3 pages

Also love practicaltek .

1 Like

We use a product called OzLink. I have absolutely no idea what the pricing is or if it is competitive. They seem to only do UPS.

But it was really easy to work with the team, and we (me and them; no consultants) got it up and running quickly. I made two BAQs (one is updatable) and exposed them through REST with a locked down Access Scope for it. That was my first (completed) integration ever, actually. Been about a year and we have had almost no problems.

I think everyone is happy with it… basically. We have no problems with them, but the plan at the time was to use UPS for everything. Now with new management, we are looking at other carriers, especially since UPS sold the freight division to… TForce? So it might be time to look at QuickShip again.

1 Like

Where could I get the specs on the API for UPS Worldship into Epicor?

I think you need to create a UPS login to get to the API documentation:

UPS Developer Kit: UPS - United States

1 Like