Vantage Payroll (8.03.408b) - To Use or Not to Use

I am about to startup payroll 10/1 and have used the test site through out this year. I entered labor hours directly as well as having them transfered in automatically thru job entry. I find it very easy to use. It produces all the reports I curently have in Classic. I ran a test W-2 and that was very easy. We originally set up all our employees with different information and it is functioning correctly. We have second shift premium, 401k with loan repayment & catchup contributions,& hospitalization deductions.

There is one thing I really do not like. I can only make one check per employee per batch. We run employee vacation checks as they take their vacation and always with the weekly payroll so sometimes I run 5 checks in one batch. Now I will have to run 5 different batches.
They say if enough people request adding this change they would eventually change this.
Pam S
--- In vantage@yahoogroups.com, "Fay" <fweis@...> wrote:
>
> I'm very interested in hearing about your experiences with Vantage Payroll. Do you use it? If so, are you happy with it? Does it handle all of your payroll requirements? If you're not using it, why not?
>
> Does it have the capability to handle direct deposit?
>
> We have a union shop and deductions based on hours worked, benefits based on hours paid and of course, 401k deductions based on gross pay. Does Vantage do a good job with all of these and other earning /deductions?
>
> Are you satisfied with the reporting? Does it have the capability to produce your quarterly and annual reports or is that done outside of the payroll module.
>
> I'm just starting to get my feet wet with Vantage payroll (our other modules went live 6/1/09) and any input from you will be greatly appreciated.
>
> Fay Weis
> KEES, Inc.
>
I'm very interested in hearing about your experiences with Vantage Payroll. Do you use it? If so, are you happy with it? Does it handle all of your payroll requirements? If you're not using it, why not?

Does it have the capability to handle direct deposit?

We have a union shop and deductions based on hours worked, benefits based on hours paid and of course, 401k deductions based on gross pay. Does Vantage do a good job with all of these and other earning /deductions?

Are you satisfied with the reporting? Does it have the capability to produce your quarterly and annual reports or is that done outside of the payroll module.

I'm just starting to get my feet wet with Vantage payroll (our other modules went live 6/1/09) and any input from you will be greatly appreciated.

Fay Weis
KEES, Inc.