Visual Studio 2017-2019 (Community, Professional, Enterprise and Standard) Extension for Epicor 10 Customization

@josecgomez could you share the editor settings as an example?
here is my settings but no work
%E5%9B%BE%E7%89%87

Download folder Is just an empty folder where you want the customizations downloaded to

The client path needs to point to the folder which contains the epicor dllsā€¦

Did you download and install the helper libraries?

Downloaded and installed new Helper files and in both VS Code and Visual Studio Pro 2019 the Dashboard customizations do not download. Version 10.1.500

Scott

Hmm I donā€™t have a 500 to testā€¦ they work ok in 2.300ā€¦ Let me see if I can find something to test with.

Not that big of a deal, I would like to get to 10.2 (and beyond - hopefully) this year anyway so unless needed by others not a problem for me.

1 Like

Hi @josecgomez ,

VS 2017 crashes and VS Code nothing happens.

I followed all the instructions, filled the Login prompt, click on Login button, the prompt closes, I briefly see Adding project and ā€¦ nothing happens (VS code). The customization screen is not opening. Same exercise with Visual Studio and it crashes. Iā€™m working over a VPN . Coud that be the reason?

2 Likes

No vpn is fine what version of epicor? Did you unlock the dlls?
Did you download the dlls for the right version of epicor?

1 Like

Thanks for your response.

Epicor Version : 10.2.300
I have downloaded the right version. Did it again this morning just in caseā€¦ Put all the DLL (again) in the client folder.
Iā€™ve run VS Code in Admin mode. Same behaviorā€¦nothing.

Visual Studio cashes and automatically restart.

I have rebooted. Iā€™m able to execute Epicor.

If the DLLā€™s were locked, I would not have been able to copy in the destination folder.

Any other ideas?

EDIT:
1- Providing false login info --> failed to authenticate.
2- Providing false login info for the second time, Iā€™m stuck with this.

Gotta kill the process.

When does visual studio crash? When you click open?
Can you send some screenshots of your settings and install location etc?
Iā€™m on that same version so are several others without issuesā€¦:thinking:

Could it be permission issues with the folder set to download to?

1 Like

And youā€™ve done a Properties on the dlls and confirmed there is no Unblock checkbox?

2 Likes

Iā€™ve unchecked Unblock property on the .zip file prior to extract all files. Iā€™ve also verify all files (in the client folder) to make sure if there werenā€™t any Unblock checkbox.

Before Login attemp in VS Code

After Login clicked in VS Code

1 Like

And dumb question you can log in to that epicor client in that PC normally right?

There is no dumb question. Here is my shortcut cut target: C:\EpicorClient\ERP10Pilot\EpicorPilot.exe /config=ERP10Pilot.sysconfig (same as the config I have sent you).

EpicorPilot.exe hnmm :thinking::face_with_monocle::face_with_raised_eyebrow:
is that a typo? Iā€™ve never seen that before

1 Like

One thing of interest is that this extension is 98% reflection and one of the dllā€™s I reflect into is Epicor.exe, so if you renamed Epicor.exe to EpicorPilot.exe I suspect thatā€™s where the conundrum lies.

Well, thatā€™s not it. I wish it would have been. And itā€™s not a typo. There is also a renamed file (EpicorPilot). Donā€™t know why they renamed it.

@josecgomez

When clicking debug I get a message stating ā€œNo DNSpy Location was suppliedā€, but I have it entered in the settings. Any Ideas?

2019-05-08%2011_02_05-Epicor%20Customization%20Editor%20Settings

2019-05-08%2011_02_45-DNSpyNet

2019-05-08%2011_01_51-Add_POF_Test%20-%20Microsoft%20Visual%20Studio

Iā€™m having trouble getting this to work on my PC. Iā€™m using VS community 2019.
I downloaded the 10.1.600 helper files and extracted them to the client folder.
I am able to search for customizations and select one. The ā€œDownloading from Databaseā€ message pops up and then VS crashes. I have tried selecting different customizations and they all caused VS to crash.
Any ideaā€™s on what Iā€™m missing to make this work?

VS_Settings VS_Error