What is the story behind the Printing outage - 24 hours now

Looks like around 1 PM CDT ours stopped working as well. This is kind of insane. I wish their status updates would be less generic. Any explanation of what they’re fighting would at least help us understand and set some expectations.

3 Likes

I am curious how big of a “subset of customers” are currently affected.

We had a surge of prints process through a half hour ago but its been nothing new since.

We just went live last month, but I am curious to those of you more experienced with Epicor Cloud than us. Do any of you notice a more than usual amount of issues with Epicor printing, Since Kinetic launched, it seems like printing has been a regular issue.

1 Like

Here…Here :beers:

1 Like

Currently ours is intermittent. A few go through, then nothing. Back and forth.

1 Like

@BrianP We also went live last month. Given the timing and the lack of specific information from Epicor this is eroding a lot of trust in the system that we worked hard to build during the implementation process.

same here. It is difficult to defend the new system with constant issues that are out of our control cropping up.

I am hoping that time will tell that this is not par for the course with Epicor

1 Like

@klincecum Seems like we’re intermittent on our end as well. I was just able to print a few reports over the past 10 minutes or so.

After 24 hours I think we need more of an update than the hourly cloud status down emails.

8 Likes

Looks like it’s down again for us…can anyone else confirm?

But the status page says …

1 Like

Actually it seems like we’re back to “intermittent.” I tried a few more times and got a report to print. One of my users reported the same.

I wonder if all this is related to PrintNightmare Patch

2 Likes

Whatever it is, it is wild.

Most likely not. This seems more like a network, or authentication issue, or a combination.

I don’t recall any Server Side printing available in SaaS… :thinking:

Did anyone notice if other Task Agent related processes were affected too?

Would prints jobs that ended up being emailed by a Break/Routing rule process okay?

For us, Reports stopped running and were erroring out at the time the incident was reported. Then around 10PM CT on 9/21/2021 it looks like Epicor killed the task services resulting in scheduled tasks (Processes) not running. We watched the scheduled processes and user-submitted reports build in the schedule tasks sheet of the system monitor throughout the morning before Epicor, presumably, recycled the App Pool to flush them through later in the afternoon on 9/22/2021.

I seem to recall talk within SaaS of having separate agents for printing so other long-running tasks wouldn’t affect printing if they had to restart the Task Agent. :thinking:

This is the worst outage I have seen with Epicor since I’ve been introduced to it here (Nov 2019). Basically shut us down for a day with no printing. I agree with those who have said there should be more information provided during the outage. First it was just print, then login and print, then back to only printing but nothing on what they were fighting. We should all get a 1 day rebate on our monthly billing AND an explanation IMHO.

1 Like

I totally agree with @DawFis I think we all deserve an explanation and maybe some rebate.

I did add to my Ticket (after they asked me to accept the solution - which i did not) text requesting a detailed explanation of the root cause and asked them to "Make it Right’ (meaning rebate/credit).

DaveO

3 Likes