What is the story behind the Printing outage - 24 hours now

I also am asking for an explanation on my case.

I inquired yesterday about how to request an SLA credit and was told that I needed to fill out a Service Plan Request Form on EpiCare, although I haven’t done so just yet. It wasn’t obvious to me where this was located, but I found it under Maintenance>Maintenance Contracts>Service Plan Request Form.

This form doesn’t seem to be designed for SLA credit requests specifically, but that’s where I was told to go.

Mr. Todd: I fully believe Epicor should “do the right thing” and send an email to ALL affected customers with an explanation of the outage and detailing the rebate/credit that will be applied.

We should not have to jump through hoops to ensure Epicor will “do the right thing”.

Or am i being a Troll?

DaveO

I agree completely. I was just trying to be proactive since we are a new customer and I’m still learning the ropes on this sort of thing.

@toddboss I filled out the form you mentioned and also asked for an explanation on it. If more of us do this maybe we will see some results!

1 Like

Just received this from Epicor:

The cloud team is going through and creating a root cause analysis on what happened this week. If you want to get a copy of that analysis, please enter a support ticket requesting the RCA from this weeks system issues and you will get a copy when it is released.

1 Like

would you forward it to me?

We went live in December and we can’t directly print anything. We have to print preview and then print from there. They tell us printing won’t work correctly until we’re 100% kinetic

@brenzema That has not been my experience. We use Classic forms almost exclusively and use the “client printer” option with no problems (this week being a notable exception).

1 Like

The case we submitted:
Description

The customer is trying to print Job Traveler and when he clicks on the Printer option, it keeps spinning and does not display the printers

The customer logged out and logged in and opened a different report- same behavior spinning

Their response:

• Vanessa Mary Samuel 2021-04-20 16:10:22

Hi Andrew, Thank you for your patience. I have reviewed this case and can confirm that it is not related or associated with any problem or bug. This behavior is working as designed and it will be addressed when the client fully upgrades to Kinetic. Let me know if you have any other questions.

Of course we knew this response wasn’t valid. Sure didn’t seem reasonable to say if we’re using even a single Classic application we won’t be able to print without previewing first. Especially considering all kinetic apps won’t be available until at least late next year. Any suggestions on how to get them to actually fix this for us?

Are you using the Edge Agent? I believe you can print direct if you are using the Edge Agent.

The Edge Agent was released in 2021.1, right? We aren’t using it yet, but all the feature notes just reference printing from a browser

Curious - what was the root cause, and how can it be mitigated? We’re on-prem, but always cloud-curious about the folks on the other side…

6 Likes

@DaveOlender Did you ever get an explanation for the outage?

Yeah, can anyone clear this up?

I have not gotten any answers yet.

Let’s pretend it never happened - we seem to be good at that.

Sorry sarcasm does not play well in text does it :slight_smile:

Outage findings:

By clicking the above you have agreed to keep the following confidential, and any disclosure will be dealt with the fullest legal action available under law.

“We done messed up.”

That conclude the root cause analysis of the service interruption.

:wink:

3 Likes

For real though, there’s still nothing?

“Working as intended.”

2 Likes