What useful customizations have you done with MES?

@bsiller
Color me surprised. my Google Fu is weaker than I thought as all i ran into was C# customization for 10.2.100.
Is the documentation in the Application user guide or one of the Technical references?

Application guide for customization explains what @bsiller posted. You can find it on EpicWeb

1 Like

We did a customisation, where when the user scanned the job number, it popped up the job details and gave them a configurable amount of time to make changes, or the job quantity was booked through.

This effectively gave them one-scan labour booking. They were not interested in the labour time due to the production process.

this looks a great custom screen, i have been struggling to get my code correct for something like this.

This customization has been a huge improvement for us as we use avg costing, which has stopped the majority of variances. The one place that it doesn’t work well with is employees completing partial qtys.

If you need any assistance, I’m happy to help out.

We did a customisation, where the user scanned a QR code on the job traveller, which consisted of, Job~Assy~Op.

A screen then popped up with the job details start and stop on it, when they pressed start, labour recording started, and when they pressed stop, the job quantity showed and they had 30 seconds to change the quantity. if no button was pressed the operation was completed ready for the next one.

If they entered a lesser quantity, they then had the option to finish the op. It worked great for their model.

Hi Andy,

Would you be willing to share any baq, dashboard, or customization code to better help me achieve what you did at your company?

Unfortunately not as these were done for clients and therefore belong to them.

It would be nice to let workers know what time they need to punch out to stay under 40 hrs per week and/or an 8 hour day.