Where do I update schema for UD fields to show up?

I’m not very familiar with ERP 9…

In another thread, I found the steps to do this, but I cannot find where “Update UD Schema” is? I assume “Launch Admin Tools” is the Admin Console.

The Admin Console does not have any options relating to Schemas or the Database in general.

Where do I find this?

The basic process in Epicor 9.05 after the UD fields are added in UD table maintenance:

1. Stop all appservers connected to the database in question.
  2. Backup your database (just in case).
  3. Launch Admin Tools and run update ud schema. When complete, close Admin Tools.
  4. Start all appservers connected to the database in question.

9 did not the ability to add your own fields. There are ShortCharXX, CharacterXX, NumberXX and CheckBoxXX fields to be used as needed.

Then what is Extended User Defined Table Maintenance for?

I added a field in there.

I don’t have a running 9 any longer, so I can’t say.What is the version from about where you added this?

What does the admin console on the server look like?

The version I’m trying this on is 9.05.702A

I didn’t remember V9 having the ability to add your own UD fields. I thought that was introduced in E10. I also don’t have a V9 to run to check.

Are you sure it was extended UD Table Maintenance, not Extended Properties? When you added the UD field, did it force the _c at the end of the field name?

Something else to check, I seem to remember that V9 had two “admin” type programs. There was the Epicor Administration Console that you did the screen shots for. I believe there was also another admin program, don’t recall what the exact name, but I believe if you go to your Windows Start menu, it might have been under the Progress menu group. I believe Vantage 9 still ran with a Progress engine even if you were using SQL - it wasn’t until 10 that they removed Progress and sped things up quite a bit.

Hope that helps.

Well, this morning, magically, the new fields are now showing up as available in BAQs and BPMs.

Yes it was Extended UD Table Maintenance, but oddly enough it did NOT automatically add _c to the field name, but I did it manually.

All seems to be working now. Maybe some process ran overnight.

Who knows. I’ll be back on 10 and Kinetic soon enough!

Thanks for all the advice and help!

EDIT: I spoke too soon. Fields show up, but in the case of a BAQ, it complains that the _UD table doesn’t exist.

Did the _UD and the dbo view get made on the sql server? In the current process stop starting IIS would reread the schema. Maybe there was something like that also on the progress version.