Why didn't you vote for THIS one? (Remove Landing Page from PART)

Taking away the landing page - it’s too bad.

When someone is working on a group of parts, it easier to filter by several variables to find the parts you want to update for a supplier, days of supply, etc.

Interesting that if something received no votes, but others ideas are getting votes that Epicor will work on what it thinks best.

What I miss with Kinetic which was in classic was the abililty to queue up several parts to review and switch back and forth for doing the settings.

4 Likes

Note that we are not taking away the ability to search for an create a list of parts to work on. this will still be there. It just wont be via a landing page.

1. you launch Part Entry
  2. you click the search button, and do your search (quicksearch, etc) and select the list of parts.
  3. the first part in the list will be displayed on the part screen… then you can go to the next part just like before using the CTRL Arrow (little known feature) or going to the crumb bar and clicking on the arrow to choose the next part in the list.
2 Likes

Being able to quickly filter, not search, on the landing page for the item I’m looking for is one of the things I think Kinetic got right. I’m not a fan of this change and understand why it didn’t get any votes. A one-click to skip or a way to turn it off if for those who want seems to be the best way to go. Taking it away altogether seems like going backwards.

5 Likes

I was working with someone from Epicor who had mentioned that the Kinetic Part landing page was actually making a call in one of the methods to PartTran. I don’t believe this was intentional but given the amount of PartTran records we have this was actually flogging our system so this will be a welcome change.

2 Likes

Filtering in landing pages is our favourite part of Kinetic especially in Parts, orders and jobs really hoping we don’t lose this ability, a simple turn off landing pages in personalisation would be very much preferred

4 Likes