Why didn't you vote for THIS one? (Remove Landing Page from PART)

Just curious… why there was only one vote for this idea from the user community on Epicor Idea KIN-I-4226 - Remove Landing Page from Part?
Well… it doesn’t matter… we did it anyway. We added the idea based on user feedback (verbal, from User Groups, phone calls, Insights feedback, Consultant feedback, etc). We decided in the best interest of everyone, that we would proceed to make the application better. I am SOOO glad we did.
RESULTS: it is now faster to load these screens and find the part you want. Added benefit: right-click/open with is slightly faster for these apps too!
:safe_harbor: Safe Harbor: Feature coming in 2024.1 :safe_harbor: to the following Applications:

• Available to Promise
  • Job Manager
  • Part Advisor
  • Part (& Part Tracker)
  • Purchase Advisor
  • Part FIFO Transaction History Tracker
  • Part Transaction History tracker
  • Part WIP Transaction History Tracker
6 Likes

I just voted for it Posthumously! I just didn’t know it was there. Usually someone has to campaign for the idea for me to see it’s there.

2 Likes

Good!
To be fair the idea was out there for like a month :joy:

Can we add just remove landing page from everything? I am yet to find a palce where the landing page isn’t just a nuisance

It never has the records i’m looking for if we could easily swap or default the landing page to be user specific maybe… but even still it is still easier to just search. It is for me mostly a click through screen to get to where I trully want to go

11 Likes

That’s because you don’t actually use Epicor. You just abuse it and form it to your will. Then someone else has to use it! :laughing:

The places where it would be useful are places like:

Orders
Purchase orders
Jobs
Anywhere the “Newest” records is useful.

Static-ish records, like part master, bins, warehouses, and whatever “set up” screens are places where the landing pages aren’t useful.

For this to be helpful, it has to be sorted where the newest things are at the top. The job landing page, where it’s sorted by job number is useless because it’s always the same, old as hell jobs. If it’s sorted intelligently, it can be useful.

Is there an idea out there for user custom sort on the landing pages? :thinking: (or is that already there? I don’t use the kinetic screens yet. Still stuck in stationary cheeseland)

3 Likes

Agree that it is annoying in places, but others it is helpful to find “At-A-Glance” details. We do use it on Parts, but not the end of the world if it is not there. I would think a user Option under Personalization to turn it on or off at their preference would be nice. Also there is an Idea to add more colors.
Example of Sales Order Landing Page.

We do have several ideas that are around enhancing how Landing pages work for those apps where they will be included.
we also have an epic/story around making :safe_harbor: (safe harbor) personalized searches much easier to implement and standardize in the landing page… so if we get what we are aiming at, the landing pages will result in the vision that was originally set in the first place for this tool.
Also check these out:
KIN-I-4172: Please make it easy to add fields to landing pages
KIN-I-3321: Scrolll bars are tiny and disappear

1 Like

1000%

1 Like

NO, we are not removing it from everywhere… but there are still a few more places where we ARE removing landing pages. For example, Time Phase has a separate story to remove Landing pages, AND enhance the entire time phase application. Supplier Price list is getting some rework to its double landing page that made it not as nice as it should have been.

Landing pages, once we :safe_harbor: (safe harbor) do additional enhancements for personalized (automatic) searches will not only bring it back into parity with Classic, it should surpass what we used to have, and what we have now. :safe_harbor:

If you would just make it one click to skip the landing page this would be a non-issue . . .

4 Likes

Point taken… hahah… I created the idea because nobody else had done it, even though many people had sugggested the change to me in person. I was actually surprised that nobody had suggested it in Ideas (or I couldn’t find it).

1 Like

Fair question Tim. You’re asking why - Our reason is because we haven’t seen the landing pages yet. We’re waiting for all the quirks in Kinetic to die down / features to catch up before making the leap.

I do go through the ideas once in a while and vote for some that look helpful. There thousands of them, most all with some merit; it isn’t easy. To @Banderson’s point, they don’t get too many votes unless we direct people to vote for them here.

Shameless plug - Go vote to improve RFQs! :smiley:
https://epicor-manufacturing.ideas.aha.io/ideas/search?query=improve+rfq

And ty Tim for getting them to recognize the Lose Quote bug.

3 Likes

I’m probably the only person wanting to keep the landing page on Part and Part Tracker. We see where it’s useful to filter down to a list of all Parts in a Product Category or Parts with a certain word in the description.

5 Likes

Note that you still will be able to do filtering, but it just won’t be automatic in a landing page format.

1 Like

@Banderson , very well said. The landing page is a highly useful dashboard which users can easily tailor for these screens. This is where Kinetic surpasses Classic usability by a mile.

You aren’t the only one. That’s why I want it to be ONE CLICK to skip the landing page instead of the convoluted process it is to customize a program to skip it now. Then stop taking it away based on your guess of where we want it or not, just let us decide.

4 Likes

Thank you, Jose. I’ve been saying this since they introduced it. Yes, the first thing users do when they open most screens is open a search - BUT FOR SOMETHING SPECIFIC, not essentially random. Just a subtle performance detractor, especially for anyone not sitting next to the server.

I love it on Order Entry. Makes it very easy to find orders for a customer or all customers whose ID starts with (something) - as we have some conventions for those. I know it was possible before, but it was not fun.

Agreed on the newest records bit. Makes life much easier.

1 Like

Will the landing page still be on Part Tracker? As long as we can filter there, I can see taking it off of Part. Otherwise if it is being removed from both how will filtering work in the future?

1 Like

Cant get into the ideas portal anymore because its blocked by SSO while other portals arent. :slight_smile:

1 Like

You just have to sign up for Epicor Identity.

1 Like