Why I am abandoning Kinetic screens completely šŸ˜„

ARe all these issues noted persisting into the most recent release/update patch?

This is what Iā€™m referring to, at least I think so.

Performance in a screen once loaded, is most of the time faster for me in the classic client,
with classic screens.

I donā€™t use that embedded browser stuff, itā€™s trash.

1 Like

Wake me up when Kinetic is finally ready.

1 Like

@kylepbsps waiting to be woken upā€¦ eventuallyā€¦
Sleeping Beauty Disney GIF

1 Like

Iā€™ll be over here like:

Always Sunny Fx GIF

3 Likes

Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+

1 Like

Is there any place (maybe here) that Issues with Kinetic by module could be posted?

Following the standard menu

• Sales Orders
    Part on the Fly
    Canā€™t put in a revision on part on the fly

• Job Mgmt,

• etcā€¦

• Purchasing

Supplier Price List
     I just ran into an issue showing how slick Kinetic was when I tried creating Supplier partnumbers 
     by launching the process from the part.
     The screen starts out with a list of all suppliers, then when I added a supplier, I couldn't add 
     another supplier.

I donā€™t have time to enter a case or enhancement request to Epicor.
They need to make the process back the way they started, when you could flag the issue right from the user interface.

2 Likes

They never explained why they got rid of that, did they?

Epicor Ideas took over IIRC (Not to start a war or derail this thread) But thatā€™s their preferred way for us to make suggestions for improvements. Bugs go to Support.

I think when they release 2021.1 they thought they were done with the ā€œBetaā€ phase of the project.
I know some of the issues I brought up were pushed back telling me that I should submit a case.

Crowd sourcing for ERP development should have some boundaries.

Anyone know how to create a Wikipedia
ā€œEpiUser Kineticā€
Userā€™s guide to soft spots in the new UI.

1 Like

nathan fillion castle GIF

2 Likes

Am I missing a setting somewhere - It seems we have to be in a specific site to see shipments/Jobs/Etc. done at that site.

AR Invoice Tracker - for example - will only show me site specific shipments if I am in that site. Otherwise it shows No Records.

Is that by design? If so - Kinetic is DOA for multi-site implementations

Are you sure itā€™s not territory? Are you set as an authorized user? I donā€™t know if itā€™s acting different in the web UI or not, but traditionally, if you arenā€™t authorized to anyone, you can see everything, but once you are authorized to any specific workforce, then you are locked to the territories that you are authorized for only.

2 Likes

Well, for AR Staff members they never have been assigned Work Force or other CRM related setup.
I can log in as the manager account and same result - have to switch sites to see data originated at that site.

Sesame Street Idk GIF

Well, a thought. Iā€™m assuming that itā€™s as you expect in classic?

Yes - works as expected in classic and Modern - Just not Kinetic.

Thatā€™s true even in 10

Hi Ed,

I agree with Calvin. Itā€™s been this way since at least Epicor 9.04. You cannot see jobs or customer shipments in plants that are not selected current one. This was an incredible bummer for us for many years until we got a customization on JobEntry and Tracker where TimePhase open with switches curPlant to job plant.

Nancy

HI Nancy,

Did you develop that customization internally or did you pay someone to do it? This is extremely annoying for us and would love to be able to see all jobs and orders regardless of what site we are currently logged into.

Thanks,
-Dan

Hi Dan,

(Also Andris - askulte - sorry for delay in reply!).
A person who worked here prior did the development with help from this group. The problem is it is in VB, but I think with a little work and search and help here hopefully, you could get it working in C# for your version.

The technique is to monitor for Key down event on the job field in Timephase, so assuming someone wants to use ā€œopen withā€ Job in timephase and the job is not in user logged in current plant. With that session ID is changed to match the job getting opened. We have 3 plants with jobs in each and central planners needing to switch alot.

Hereā€™s the vb. I wanted to step thru and follow with visual studio but I have a new computer and 2019 VS which doesnā€™t seem to want to play nice with Epicor debugging :frowning: IDK what the uncomment next line was about but I figured Iā€™ll just leave it there in case useful tooā€¦
I also saw a post from ChrisConn that shows how to change session plant which Iā€™ll post at here at start. I hope this helps you too!

Nancy

' **************************************************
' Custom code for TimePhasForm
' Created: 12/27/2018 1:57:31 PM
' **************************************************
Imports System
Imports System.ComponentModel
Imports System.Data
Imports System.Diagnostics
Imports System.Windows.Forms
Imports Microsoft.VisualBasic
Imports Erp.Adapters
Imports Erp.UI
Imports Ice.Lib
Imports Ice.Adapters
Imports Ice.Lib.Customization
Imports Ice.Lib.ExtendedProps
Imports Ice.Lib.Framework
Imports Ice.Lib.Searches
Imports Ice.UI.FormFunctions
Imports Infragistics.Win
Imports Infragistics.Win.UltraWinGrid
imports System.Drawing
Imports Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars

#Region "Customizations"
	'Rev0 - 12/27/18
	'	Determine cell for mouse down.  If it has a number, change session.plantid to dropdown plant id
	'	Reset session.plantid to original on Clear Button and CloseForm
	'	Changed to detect site dropdown change to set plantid...left mousedown here, but commented out
#End Region

Public Class Script

' ** Wizard Insert Location - Do Not Remove 'Begin/End Wizard Added Module Level Variables' Comments! **

' Add Custom Module Level Variables Here **
	Dim ThisPlant as string = string.empty
	dim grdJob as EpiUltraGrid
	dim cmbSite as epiCombo

Public Sub InitializeCustomCode()
		' Begin Wizard Added Variable Initialization
		AddHandler Me.TimePhasForm.Closing, AddressOf Me.TimePhasForm_Closing
		AddHandler Me.baseToolbarsManager.ToolClick, AddressOf Me.baseToolbarsManager_ToolClick
		' End Wizard Added Variable Initialization
	End Sub

Public Sub DestroyCustomCode()
		' Begin Wizard Added Object Disposal
		RemoveHandler Me.TimePhasForm.Closing, AddressOf Me.TimePhasForm_Closing
		RemoveHandler Me.baseToolbarsManager.ToolClick, AddressOf Me.baseToolbarsManager_ToolClick
		' End Wizard Added Object Disposal
	End Sub

Private Sub TimePhasForm_Load(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal args As EventArgs)
		' Add Event Handler Code
		'save current plantid
		ThisPlant = TimePhasForm.Session.PlantID

'so we can get handler for mousedown
		grdJob = Ctype(csm.GetNativeControlReference("7908565c-cc3c-43d1-b85b-9921ad88fb89"),EpiUltraGrid)
		AddHandler grdJob.MouseDown, AddressOf grdJob_mousedown

'so we can detect dropdown value change
		cmbSite = Ctype(csm.GetNativeControlReference("f7641147-3182-4540-bb0a-8ab960aad5c2"),EpiCombo)
		AddHandler cmbSite.valuechanged, AddressOf cmbSite_valuechanged

End Sub

Private Sub TimePhasForm_Closing(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal args As System.ComponentModel.CancelEventArgs)
		' Add Event Handler Code
		'restore original plantid
		TimePhasForm.Session.PlantID = ThisPlant 
		RemoveHandler grdJob.MouseDown, AddressOf grdJob_mousedown
		RemoveHandler cmbSite.valuechanged, AddressOf cmbSite_valuechanged
	End Sub

Private Sub grdJob_mousedown (sender as object, args as System.Windows.Forms.MouseEventArgs)

' Declare and retrieve a reference to the UIElement
		Dim aUIElement As UIElement = grdJob.DisplayLayout.UIElement.ElementFromPoint( New Point(args.X, args.Y))
		' Declare and retrieve a reference to the Cell
		Dim aCell As UltraGridCell = aUIElement.GetContext(GetType(UltraGridCell))
		dim ColName as string = string.empty

' If a cell was found
		If Not aCell Is Nothing Then
			ColName = aCell.Column.Key
			if ColName = "JobNum" andalso acell.value <> "" then
				'click is in the jobnum cell with a job number
				' get the plant dropdown value
				Dim edvMisc As EpiDataView = CType(oTrans.EpiDataViews("Misc"), EpiDataView)
				Dim jobPlantID As String = edvMisc.dataView(edvMisc.Row)("PlantID")
				'set the session plantid to the jobplantid

'uncomment the next line to use mouse down in the grid jobnumber column to change plant id
'				TimePhasForm.Session.PlantID = jobPlantID
			end if
		End If

end sub

Private Sub baseToolbarsManager_ToolClick(ByVal sender As Object, ByVal args As Infragistics.Win.UltraWinToolbars.ToolClickEventArgs)
		if args.Tool.Key = "ClearTool" then
			TimePhasForm.Session.PlantID = ThisPlant 
		end if
	End Sub

private sub cmbSite_valuechanged(sender as object, args as System.Eventargs)
		TimePhasForm.Session.PlantID = sender.value
	end sub
End Class
1 Like