Why I am abandoning Kinetic screens completely šŸ˜„

Iā€™ll echo this. Once cached of course, itā€™s significantly faster.

@klincecum , @Mark_Wonsil , the browser is definitely slower for us as well. If there are ways to speed it up, weā€™d love to hear. Smells like this thread wants to fork.

Ok, Iā€™ve calmed down now.

I was taking close to the same approach, but we cannot even do that anymore because if you are adding attachments you now HAVE to be in Classic. This ends up being almost every function other than production workers.

I have not. I figured he would read this and if not, I just tagged him @timshuwy .

And this is where I was trying to push through to users that things would get better and to just power through. But now I canā€™t even do that.

So, with less emotion, I was able to figure out that the production workers can still use the Kinetic UI for MES which means we can still move forward with tablets on the floor. But, everyone else will have to stay on Classic until the metadata gets fixed.

2 Likes

And after seeing all of this, ^-- this looks to be our implementation path as well for this year.

1 Like

This is where Iā€™d like to be, however, since we have needed customizations,
I canā€™t move forward with that.

I am not experience enough with the web ui to do what I need done.

I may have to pay @hmwillett to move down here. Itā€™s ok, she can still keep her
job with @josecgomez .

1 Like

So, the blanket statement of the browser is faster/slower certainly deserves some context: For example, from the Login screen: no contest. The browser goes to the Active Home page in under a second after entering credentials.

I am comparing running Kinetic in the browser vs running Kinetic in the .Net client - which is the slowest combination.

Where are you seeing slowness compared to the browser with those conditions? Where are you seeing slowness against classic screens? Are we talking number of clicks? Actual ā€œspinningā€ time?

Staring I See You GIF by QuikTrip

@Mark_Wonsil , dangit, you wonā€™t just take my word for it?

(glumly heads off to substantiate statement with dataā€¦)

1 Like

Donā€™t need data, just need the scenarios that are slower. Do they include customizations? Screen loading time? Downloads to Excel? ā€¦

ARe all these issues noted persisting into the most recent release/update patch?

This is what Iā€™m referring to, at least I think so.

Performance in a screen once loaded, is most of the time faster for me in the classic client,
with classic screens.

I donā€™t use that embedded browser stuff, itā€™s trash.

1 Like

Wake me up when Kinetic is finally ready.

1 Like

@kylepbsps waiting to be woken upā€¦ eventuallyā€¦
Sleeping Beauty Disney GIF

1 Like

Iā€™ll be over here like:

Always Sunny Fx GIF

3 Likes

Staring Star Wars GIF by Disney+

1 Like

Is there any place (maybe here) that Issues with Kinetic by module could be posted?

Following the standard menu

• Sales Orders
    Part on the Fly
    Canā€™t put in a revision on part on the fly

• Job Mgmt,

• etcā€¦

• Purchasing

Supplier Price List
     I just ran into an issue showing how slick Kinetic was when I tried creating Supplier partnumbers 
     by launching the process from the part.
     The screen starts out with a list of all suppliers, then when I added a supplier, I couldn't add 
     another supplier.

I donā€™t have time to enter a case or enhancement request to Epicor.
They need to make the process back the way they started, when you could flag the issue right from the user interface.

2 Likes

They never explained why they got rid of that, did they?

Epicor Ideas took over IIRC (Not to start a war or derail this thread) But thatā€™s their preferred way for us to make suggestions for improvements. Bugs go to Support.

I think when they release 2021.1 they thought they were done with the ā€œBetaā€ phase of the project.
I know some of the issues I brought up were pushed back telling me that I should submit a case.

Crowd sourcing for ERP development should have some boundaries.

Anyone know how to create a Wikipedia
ā€œEpiUser Kineticā€
Userā€™s guide to soft spots in the new UI.

1 Like

nathan fillion castle GIF

2 Likes