WISCONSIN EUG OCT 2016 MTG - BPM Presentation Code Examples

But I have that as just another deployment step in the process of pushing out patchs as part of the scripted patching.

It’s something we are working on improving so I understand your concern. It’s all trade offs as everything in architecture. There is something I am in the middle of in this area that hopefully we can talk to at Insights to really deal with this. Stay tuned and thanks for confirming some of what I am taking to the table to argue for internally :wink:

2 Likes

Thanks Bart!, and thanks for lurking around here!

1 Like

Happy to lurk. Gives me some insight to pain points to abuse people with internally and confirms some fixes i have been considering

1 Like

I second that, glad to have you around. Glad you’re not Nathan Anderson, I’ve done really pissed that guy off :smiley:

Hey @Chris_Conn Nathan Anderson is awesome! What did you do to piss him off? He is the best support guy that Epicor has!

Yeah…. Nathan is not the bear I would want to poke that’s for sure.

Joshua Giese
Technology Solutions : CTO
Direct Phone: 920.593.8299
Office Phone: 920.437.6400 x342
[http://wcibags.com/email/emailFooter4.jpg]http://www.wcibags.com/

:grin: @aidacra

2 Likes

well… I got frustrated. So I had been working for 1.5 weeks in email to try to explain a bug I had found. Note, I didn’t create a ticket, I just mentioned it in a comment email where I praised E10 and offered some wishlists, they created a ticket from it.

The gent (not Nathan) I was working with kept asking me silly questions, some of which I had already answered. After about a week and half into my issue (server printers not listing for a specific condition) he asks:
Do you have a server printer configured?

To which I respond:
Cmon, that question is kind of offensive. Why would I say it wont list my server printers if I didn’t have any configured?

At this point I get this from Nathan:
I am taking this call over from Mitch as I feel your response to his reasonable question was borderline inappropriate and non-productive

Essentially my response started with “Wow” and ended with “if I am too difficult to work with, close the ticket, I’ll code around the problem”

That support ticket escalated in all the wrong ways haha!

I get it, you have to think about the fact that the support folks deal with “dumb” people all the time, so those questions although frivolous to you may sometimes save hours and hours of blind troubleshooting. I go through this too sometimes.

Give Nathan another shot, he is an amazing resource at Epicor… unfortunately in his position he gets kicked and yelled at alot by angry customers since he is in the front lines of the battle. But I can attest from personal experience over the many years I’ve been doing Epicor that there probably isn’t a better advocate for you within Epicor than Nathan. He fights hard for the customers and gets pummeled from both sides. steps off soapbox

… All right Nathan I expect the money in my account by monday :wink:

2 Likes

Done. I will write him an email and apologize right now.

You are right, I know that people at large can be pretty stupid. It just sucks when you get asked the proverbial “Is it plugged in” lol. Ok be back in a bit after I eat this crow for lunch :blush:

2 Likes

FYI - Internal dev bounces things off of Nathan too for ideas about making things more supportable and easier for him and customers. So we queue up on him for his time too :wink:

1 Like

@Bart_Elia, busy day here so I’m missing the good stuff lol, jose asked exactly what was the leading question in my mind and why I haven’t built external dll’s is because of point release compiling, I have a lot of custom code, which I’m certain can’t be done with the elements. If you even suggest using those BO elements I will commit Hari Kari and fall on a rusty spoon, far less painful than using those lol

2 Likes

I’m going to stick my nose in here and add another thumbs up for Nathan
too. I haven’t worked with him in a while, but every time through the
years, he has alway been one of the best to work with. He worked to
resolve the issues, kept me updated on the status, and always seemed happy
to explain the whys and hows.

Okay, you can go back to your regularly scheduled programming… :wink:

Thanks,

Norman Hutchins
System Administrator
Howell Laboratories, Inc.

1 Like

He’s standing right behind me isn’t he? (Slowly turns around)

I did send an apology, thanks for the sound advice as always E10Help.com

1 Like