10.2.600 Feedback form

Looking to hear your perspective in regards to the new Feedback form in ERP.
This is as much as question to fellow users as it is for Epicor.

Do you have any reservations with all end users having the option to share feedback directly with Epicor?

Don’t get me wrong I think this is a great idea and I have already used it :slight_smile: and got a great response back.

My concern is this - we in IT tend to filter questions/concerns/bugs/user error from our end users before submitting a ticket to support or even asking a question on any forum. We do that mostly to make sure what is being reported is truly an issue/bug vs something the user doesn’t like or care for.

With the feedback form going directly to Epicor, we in IT will not have any knowledge of items being reported from our company and we may not know a user is feeling frustrated with something that we can take care of.

I want to be sure that Epicor does not get flooded with feedback that can be filtered if that makes sense. Maybe someone in our company could get a copy of the feedback to be aware of potential concerns.

2 Likes

I think its absolutely necessary and I hope they don’t allow IT admins or anyone else to censor user feedback. I have long been frustrated at the large barrier to feed back and cases. I have to make cases for most users because epiccare is too much hassle and difficulty for them.
If they could send feedback and create/maintain cases directly in Epicor it would be WONDERFUL and a long time coming, particularly for us cloud users.

something the user doesn’t like or care for.

Which is still valid feedback that Epicor should hear. If they get inundated with trivial feedback then they don’t have the proper systems to filter, categorize and digest the feedback. When you address user concerns internally (or dismiss them) only your company benefits, and you have to provide the labor. When people send their feedback to Epicor, many companies can benefit, and they don’t each have to spend their own time coming up with similar solutions.

Even feedback that is “invalid” is valuable information, the user couldn’t figure out how to do what they needed even thought the feature is already there, so perhaps the help needs to be improved or the feature made more discoverable somehow… Or the feature did not behave how the user expected, so how can they make it more clear?

I get your concern about a flood of useless data – but even if that worse case happens I don’t see us being any worse off than we are now.

5 Likes

I wonder if you can hide that in the config file?

1 Like

I’m with @Evan_Purdy, it will likely be a lot of noise coming in, but Epicor should gather unfiltered end user feedback, especially headed into the Kinetic Lands of Unknown. How teachers, engineers, sales people, IT people, maintenance techs, taxi drivers, etc. interact, view, learn, and use software is all very different. Because not everyone thinks alike they really need a larger swath of feedback than they have gotten in the past. The cumbersome, overly technical nature of Epicor is clearly derived from many decades of developer/engineer workflows provided as feedback. For most of us in IT using Epicor I think the system makes sense and we understand how it all works. At the shop floor level it quickly becomes overwhelming, and difficult to use.

4 Likes

I have a feeling that the feedback works a lot like the buttons on crosswalks or office thermostats. They are called placebo buttons and are just there to give the users a sense of control but don’t really do anything.

1 Like

That is possible, but I hope not, they would be missing an opportunity in my opinion.

2 Likes

So far all my feedback has scheduled releases .6 and .8

1 Like

Do you have a specific examples of how they could use the data? In my experience, it is really hard to turn these kinds of data firehoses into any real insights. Maybe you could use it for some kind of sentiment analysis after a release but then is that statistically any better than just guessing or looking at support tickets? I honestly do not know but I would be really surprised if they knew either :joy:

1 Like

Not from the WalkMe Feedback survey correct? I thought it was from the beta group where you can directly talk with the developers.

1 Like

In the case of the feedback I gave, was personally reached out too and a ticket was created for anything actionable. I imagine in due time that may not be the case, but at least at the beginning here they will be listening close their future depends on it for Kinetic adoption. Get your complaints in now or forever hold your peace.

1 Like

From the form in production in question by the OP. We are live on 600.3 on prem so I’ve been kicking the tires a bit. Not the feedback from preview. That would be an unfair comparison.

1 Like

Oh, mine are all in there and most have PRB’s associated to them. Maybe I just need to send some feedback on them now too… :joy:

2 Likes

Microsoft has fixed bugs and added features based on feedback given via their feedback hub and office feedback buttons. Not as much as we would like maybe, but they do seem to use the information.

You and OP are correct, there will always be plenty of “Epicor is slow and ugly” style feedback. I suppose you could use this for sentiment analysis as you suggest or perhaps follow up with the customer with specific questions.

In any case, even if it is useless maybe it will reduce the amount of “useless” feedback I have to hear :rofl:

1 Like

dude “useless” is not the preferred nomenclature. “non-productive” please.

2 Likes

:laughing:

1 Like

They link to Epicor ERP Ideas under the Solution Portals menu in EpiCare: https://epicor-manufacturing.ideas.aha.io/

But it currently looks like it requires an Epicor email address to login. I was under the impression that they were going to turn this on for customers too at some point in the future.

1 Like

Hi everyone, We don’t currently have a way to turn off the feedback option in Kinetic forms by user. However, as was suggested by John, if you agree this is an important enhancement, please use the Epicor Ideas portal to submit a vote for this enhancement.

We review each and every feedback item, and in many cases respond via email to the person who submitted the feedback either to ask follow-up questions, or to ensure they have submitted a support case if it appears to be a software issue. We appreciate any and all feedback received!

2 Likes

Hello @amelton, as @John_Mitchell said above we can’t currently login to the Epicor ERP Ideas portal. When we try and register it says “This registration page is for Epicor employees.”
Can you provide some guidance? Thanks!

1 Like

You have to do the “reset password” option if you haven’t logged in. I think it’s tied to the EpicCare e-mail address I didn’t have to register, I just entered a password for my e-mail address and I was in.

EDIT: This does not reset your EpicCare password. I think just the e-mail address is tied in…

2 Likes

Thank you @Doug.C. That worked. :+1:

1 Like