2022.2.8 - "Due to security settings or module licensing process is unavailable."

David,
Sometimes that does work for us. More often though, we have to run Conversion 191, which requires everyone to be out of the system. Sometimes we have to run this several times per day. I really wish they’d work on the root causes instead of providing bandaids for bandaids.

This application studio suggestion is what Support told us to do. However, much of our team does not have access to Application Studio, so we have to turn on/off permissions. I’ll try the other suggestions too.

It just takes one person to do it… it doesn’t need to be that specific user.

I have sales guys that come to me and they can’t get into a screen (Customer for example).

I open it in App studio… close it… and then it starts working for them. THEY don’t have to be the one to open App Studio. … at least in my experience thus far.

1 Like

We use Conversion 191 a lot as well. Our Client Partner at Epicor told us we shouldn’t need to run it as much as we do… thus we’ve started pushing this with support, specifically with customer entry errors. 191 fixes the customer entry error temporarily but users randomly still experience it. I don’t think the Application Studio suggestion for Support is feasible either because of everyone’s permissions. And so it continues…

1 Like

Very interesting. @spaceage and I had this thread that somewhat covers that. I had the undefined today, but it wasn’t just a tile, nobody could open par tracker.

I just tried this about 5 times before I could get Customer working again for one of our sales guys. Cleared the cache several times too. Thank you very much.

I made this Function (Library) and schedule the function to run every night (it’s conversion 191).

It’s mostly eradicated the issue… though I had one user hit the {{strings}} thing today.

Anyway, there it is, if it helps.

ConversionWorkbench.efxb (16.1 KB)

3 Likes

I read through this whole thread … and wow, you guys are awesome for pushing this with support! We’ve had the {{Strings}} issue happen plenty of times and just kept running Conversion 191 until it cleared everything up. We will try ctrl + alt + i next time.

It seems like the undefined error we keep randomly getting on Customer entry may be related too. I have to open app studio for it to clear. We eventually (today) ran 191 because I was having to open App studio every 15 minutes.

We are already on 2023.2.11 so we may need to wait until June. I’m going to refer support this PRB. Thanks for the help!

@JasonMcD What version are you on? Wondering if this would work with 2023.2. And thank you so much for sharing.

2022.2.25. All I did was call the BO for conversion 191. Then I schedule it. Should be universally functional.

Finally got a PRB on this – PRB0279040. From Epicor support – The Kinetic Cache somehow gets corrupted, and selecting Base in Application Studio Refreshes the Kinetic App. Hopefully this gets cleared up in 2024.1, when it is scheduled for release.

2 Likes