ACTION NEEDED: Colorado Retail Delivery Fee begins July 1, 2022

FYI, latest news about potential changes…

Interesting article, basically the new bill does what we’re doing now (I just ran my monthly BAQ showing 72 deliveries to CO, which we use to do the tax submission.

Also:

It will be interesting to see what happens with this bill, and whether there’s any ripple effect. Already, Minnesota lawmakers are considering a similar retail delivery fee for the Land of 10,000 Lakes; and the New York State Assembly included a 25-cent fee on delivery transactions in its sprawling budget bill for the 2023–24 fiscal year.

Blech. Although I’m shocked that CA isn’t on this bandwagon - they’re usually pioneers in creating onerous business requirements.

Good news… at least for those who have not yet addressed the law that became effective July 1, 2022… and probably really aggravating news for those who took steps to address the issue!

Colorado may simplify retail delivery fee requirements - UPDATE!

Retail delivery fees no longer apply to qualified small, new businesses

Maybe something similar can happen in Minnesota

1 Like

Procrastination pays off again

Remember, April is National Procrastination Month!

1 Like

Damn, missed it again… too busy trying to start my New Year’s resolution to exercise and read more!

I’ll celebrate later.

This was a fascinating read.

What a damn mess.

I read the Colorado update to mean that if you have less than $500k in retail sales to colorado (calendar year) you do not need to do this fee/tax.
So, we can now stop paying the $2/month to colorado for our small volume!

Not so fast… maybe soon you will pay Minnesota.