Add to solution as components are made?

I think I know the answer to this, but is there a way to add things to a solution as you make them? I’m working on an app that is going to use BAQ’s and UBAQs and I would like to add them to my solution as I make them so I don’t forget anything and/or I can quickly bail out my work when my test/dev environment gets refreshed with the production backup.

Is the only way to do this is to keep solution workbench open and add things there manually? Or can I add them from BAQ interface, or the BPM interface? (Or customization or dashboard for things done within the system?)

There’s a thing called “Solution Tracking” that does what you want, but it’s been a long time since I read the documentation on it.

1 Like

I just started reading about that after I posted, I’ll have to see if I can figure it out.

That tracking stuff works for shit, also if you add a customization to your solution and go make a change it kindly removes it from the solution for you. (on several versions of Epicor , not sure if that’s fixed)

That tracking tracks EVERYTHING even stuff that you don’t want it to.

4 Likes

I dont use it, I just add my stuff when im done :slight_smile:

3 Likes

So even if I save my stuff in a solution it removes it!! Well that sucks… So I can’t pack it up until I’m ready to actually build the solution. So, really I should be saving the solution, then actually building the cab files too if I want to make sure I don’t miss anything. What a pain.

2 Likes

Just wring it down as you go :slight_smile:
or store the information in a UD table.

1 Like