Adding a Purchase Direct material to previously scheduled job

Great idea. Thank you.

Looking for some advice / creative solution on the following scenario. We use PO Suggestions for all our purchasing, stock and direct to job. The driver to generate suggestions for job materials is scheduling the job. This works great in the normal flow of business. It's a problem when we add a purchase direct material to a job that has already been scheduled. First off I don't understand why PO Suggestions can't recognize this and generate the suggestion, but it doesn't. I am looking for ideas on how to close this loophole. Has anyone been able put any validations in or some process to automatically reschedule jobs?

BPM that then you add material, it pulls the rel operation start date and then populates the JobMtl.ReqDate.

Sent: Tuesday, February 10, 2015 12:52 PM
To: vantage@yahoogroups.com
Subject: [Vantage] Adding a Purchase Direct material to previously scheduled job

Looking for some advice / creative solution on the following scenario. We use PO Suggestions for all our purchasing, stock and direct to job. The driver to generate suggestions for job materials is scheduling the job. This works great in the normal flow of business. It's a problem when we add a purchase direct material to a job that has already been scheduled. First off I don't understand why PO Suggestions can't recognize this and generate the suggestion, but it doesn't. I am looking for ideas on how to close this loophole. Has anyone been able put any validations in or some process to automatically reschedule jobs?